Chapter 73

Chapter 73

Arnav has been in hospital for three days. Khushi hasn't visited him but she has talked to the doctor every day. He informed her about the changes in Arnav's health and answered her every question. While she was at home, she talked to her family and told them about Arnav's condition.

Khushi didn't want to scare anyone but it was necessary to share everything them. To her sorry, her mom Manorama was extremely shocked and her dad Mahendra didn't sound well after she had told them what happened to Arnav.

She told them everything and it surprised her how easy it was to trust them her new family. The old Khushi would keep her problems for herself, knowing very well how dangerous it was to share her weakness with others. Now that she was changes and that she became another person, she wasn't afraid anymore to open her heart. And to be honest, it felt so good to be finally surrounded by family who is willing to catch you when you threatening to fall.

Khushi was about to fall, because Arnav's condition shattered her to the core. Seeing him so weak, so different, broke her heart even she didn't want to name her feelings right now. Now, it was more important to concentrate on Arnav's well-being.

And no matter what was happening around Khushi, and even she wasn't in the hospital with Arnav, his well-being became important and essential to her.

Apart from talking to her family and friends, she cleaned the house, took care of the factory. She went to bed every night exhausted and dreamed of Arnav's making love to her. He was strong and healthy and his body was muscular, not like the way she saw him last time.

The more days passed, the more she found herself waiting for him. Craving his touch, even she refused to acknowledge her feelings. She pushed the responsibility for her cravings onto her pregnancy and hormones.

*

Arnav stood in front of home and couldn't find the strength to knock on the door. He didn't have any key and there wasn't any key in the box which Khushi had send him to hospital. There were only fresh clothes inside. A driver picked him up and drove directly to his home.

He wanted the driver to stop, so that he could buy some flowers for Khushi but sadly didn't have any money with him. The second thought was, maybe the salesperson would be kind and give him time to get to his home, get his wallet and send the money with the driver.

No matter what Arnav planned, the second he entered the car, the driver refused to stop anywhere else. When Arnav asked him why he didn't want to drive him to the flower shop, he told him that he got instructions from Mrs. Singh Raizada and that he needed to do what she wanted him to do, otherwise she threatened to fire him.

Arnav couldn't suppress his smile when he heard what the driver told him. He was so glad that Khushi obviously moved on in her life. The last time when he saw her, all he could see was the fire in her eyes. He didn't want to make her anymore angry by telling her how beautifully she looked. Arnav was just happy to show her how serious he took her words and didn't say anything else that would upset her even more.

And now he stood here in front of his own door and was afraid of upsetting her again.

At the exact moment he wanted to knock on the door, it was opened by a beautiful and very pregnant Khushi.

For a few seconds, both stared at each other and no one moved.

Then, Khushi broke the magic and walked to the side to let him in.

Arnav put the small bag she had sent him earlier on the floor and looked around. The flat was clean and bright. Sun shined in and the doors were open to let the fresh air inside the condo. Gone were all bottles and empty glasses. Gone were all dirt. Khushi managed to recreate their home just in a few days.