Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Payal walked inside the company and looked around. She saw all this hard working, poor people and imagined she would be the wife of the owner and everyone would look at her, as the woman who could take their jobs away. She imagined, she could fire everyone who doesn't show her enough respect. She imagined, her husband would kill everyone who doesn't submit to her.

She turned once around and imagined all this would belong to her.

She would be Mrs. Payal Arnav Singh Raizada.

But, the sad truth was that she wasn't Mrs. Singh Raizada. Not yet.

After Khushi left her back home, she was in every room. Opened every door. Checked all drawers. She spent most of the time in their room, touched Khushi's things, smelled Arnav's clothes. She even laid on their bed, imagining about Arnav and being with him together.

Khushi was away with Lavanya and Payal took all her time to check everything out. Through opening drawers, she found the address of the factory where Arnav's office worker told her, that it belonged to him. After she saw Arnav and Khushi on TV, she listened carefully what was told about them and information's how to find him.

The good thing was, that Arnav's company's name was mentioned in the show. Then Payal just needed to ask for number and address. After she found out this, she tried to get the information of his exact whereabouts.

Thank god the girl on the phone was new and was talkative, otherwise she would have never been able to be here.

Payal asked one of the workers about Arnav's office. She knocked on the office door and walked in without waiting to hear one come in from her future husband. She walked inside and saw Arnav sitting on his table. The moment he saw her, she saw in his face that he wasn't pleased.

It was good that she bought some food, so that she would have an excuse about the reason of her presence.

She put her light face on and walked to him, ignoring his unfriendly eyes.

>>What are you doing here?<<

His tone was strict and angry. Payal thought about the answer and she knew it must be a good one. A believable reason for her presence.

>>Khushi asked me to bring you food. She and Lavanya went to town for shopping and they left me at home. Khushi told me to buy you some food and bring you so that she can enjoy the shopping day.<<

First Arnav smiled, but then his face turned all serious.

>>She told you? What do you mean with this?<<

>>Yes, she told me.<<

>>Did she talked to you?<<

Payal thought about his question. She knew she didn't have too much time to come up with a new story, but she would do her best to act as good as possible.

>>Yes. She told me when she dressed herself.<<

Arnav looked down on his hands. His face was sad and Payal knew she said the right things. She wanted to create doubts between then and it seemed her first attempt was successful.

She walked to one chair and sat in front of him.

>>She is my sister Arnav. We were very close before she left.<<

Arnav nodded. He looked like a little boy who just lost himself somewhere far away from home. Payal didn't say more for a few minutes but then decided to speak. Maybe she could manage to create some kind of bond with Arnav. Maybe he would finally start melting a little.