Chapter 60

Chapter 60

The next days among the Singh Raizada family have been the most secured for Khushi. She knew she should have felt safe with Arnav but now she knew that this wasn't the case. With Arnav there was always mistrust in the air. After all Khushi has enough reasons to feel skeptical about Arnav's intentions.

With Mahendra and Manorama it was totally different. Their past wasn't stained with pain and blood. There wasn't a broken heart and trust. Since Khushi moved in into their house, whatever was said, it was done. There was no playing friendly only as a kind of acting. Everything they did was honest and real and they did everything to see Khushi happy.

Even though Khushi wanted to keep her walls up, Manorama and Mahendra walked formally through the wall and demanded her to come out and live with them. Demanded to see Khushi being part of their family.

And this was exactly what she did.

Slowly, slowly Khushi opened up, talked and even laughed. She opened her heart too and started to build up all these feelings a daughter should have for her parents.

It was so weird because in all this time together with Arnav, she hadn't done all this. She had always been aware about the possibility that Arnav might change his behavior any moment and that's why Khushi was always ready to run.

With Mahendra and Manorama there wasn't any thought of the possibility of them changing their behavior.

She trusted them and didn't realize till today, how fast everything went.

And while Khushi was busy building a new life for herself and her baby, Lavanya became the most important person after Manorama and Mahendra. She has spent nights and days with Khushi giving her all support she needed. Khushi appreciated that Lavanya never asked about Arnav and also that she was willing to keep her thoughts about their separation for herself. Khushi wasn't ready to face all her feelings and dark thoughts. She didn't want to think about her own loneliness. That was the reason she was deeply thankfull for Lavanya and her friendship. Lavanya used to sleep with Khushi in her bed to be there for her and Khushi couldn't do anything else as to send prayers to her Devi Meya for the new friend in her life. It was as if she felt that Khushi needed her. It was as if Lavanya knew that Khushi needed her and also knew that Khushi needed someone who slept with her in the bed to take her loneliness and fear away.

There were these weird dreams about Arnav that disturbed Khushi's nights. They were dark and painful. Khushi often awoke, calling Arnav's name and searching the room for his face. He was of course, never there. Gladly, Lavanya never brought up this topic or tried to discuss Khushi's nightmares and Khushi was so glad for her silence.

It was a totally new side of Khushi which she first needed to learn to deal with before she could talk to any outsider.

It was totally weird, for a whole day Khushi didn't think much about Arnav, but in the nights, her body and mind missed him. It was scary to not to have control over herself at nights. It wasn't like that Khushi forgave Arnav for what he did to her in the past. It was more that her body and soul got used to him somehow and missed his presence.

*

The business went great and with Lavanya's help Khushi started feeling more and more comfortable as the CEO of SR. Only a few days passed but she managed to look though all papers and even take some appointments with customers. Uncle Mahendra insisted that Khushi should stay in the background and look how everything works. He also explained that even though she is the new CEO on paper, in practice she has to wait some time to take the full responsibility. He also decided to keep the knowledge of her being the new CEO as a secret in front of the world, because he wanted to save her and the baby from all stress.