Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Arnav sat next to Khushi, enjoying the silence before the storm. He was a big CEO. Someone who knew how to lead the company worth of millions. And now he felt like a little boy, who couldn't even form a sentence in front of the girl who belonged his heart. It was the hardest thing to talk to Khushi because so much dependent on the outcome of their conversation. Not that he was ready to accept anything negative when it came to their future together. Both, Khushi and him went through a lot to be where they are today.

While Khushi tried to sort her feelings, Arnav tried to find the courage to explain Khushi, their marriage, Mia and the past three years. He wanted to forget Khushi's mistakes and start new with her. He wanted to be with her, even she was once in relationship with Shiyam who is still married to Arnav's sister.

The thought of Shiyam and Khushi together made him sick, but the thought of losing her again, was worse. Never again, he wanted to be without Khushi. Never again, he wanted to sleep alone in his bed. Never again, he wanted to lose her. Arnav knew, the day he would lose Khushi, this would be the day of his death. And that's why honesty was most important step for their future. It was important to speak about the past, but also to protect Khushi from her past.

He didn't want to open old wounds. He didn't want to remind Khushi on Shiyam. He was ready to forget and forgive. She was his wife and should be the most important person in the world no matter how stained her past was. Khushi belonged to him and Shiyam should better stay away from her.

*

He looked to her profile and it showed him how upset Khushi was. She sat there like a lost girl and gazed to the disabled television. Her hands were in her lap and she played with her shawl. The time became his enemy, while he thought how to start. If he didn't start to talk soon, Khushi could decide to stand up and leave and the chance for their conversation would be lost. This would be one of the hardest conversations in his whole life, but he knew he needed to do it.

Avoidance was not an option. He decided to start with Mia.

>>I know Mia from my college in the States.<< He saw how Khushi's hands stopped to move and her eyes widen. She didn't look at him but he knew she was listening. >>We were close but never crossed my limit. Except our kiss. I didn't knew you then and I didn't even knew about your existence but still, I think I should apologize and explain,<< Khushi didn't respond so he continued.

>>Mia always wanted to deepen our relation but I wasn't ready then because I have a wish to do such things only with the woman I love. My friend Aman, who was my roommate knew Mia before me and he introduced us to each other. We became good friends. I mean all three of us. On Aman's request I dated Mia few times and then the day came when I went back to India for my sister's birthday.<<

He wanted to take her hand in his. To feel her skin before he spoke his next words, but they were deep buried inside her lap. He closed his eyes just for a second and continued.

>>The day I saw you. This day changed my life. I didn't knew it then, but I knew soon after our marriage that nothing would be like before.<< Arnav wanted to speak everything out but Khushi's pale face forced him to change his opinion. The last thing he wanted was to call for old ghosts and hurt Khushi, so he decided to keep Shiyam out.

>>When I asked you to marry me, I didn't really want to go this step. I am going to be totally honest here, Khushi. I thought our fake wedding would last only few days.<< With a lot of irony Arnav remarked that it last for only few days. >>I wasn't ready to marry you then, but I have good reasons to make you believe that my intentions were real. I tried to find one Priest who was ready to participate in a fake wedding.<< Khushi gasped. >>I offered few of the priest money and only one was ready to do it.<< Arnav took one deep breath and knew this was one of his lowest actions ever. He knew how big his sin was infront of god and all good people out there. To knew your sin was one thing but to talk about this openly, also to the person who was affected by your action, was a totally new level of wrong. Arnav's apology toward Khushi was the least he could do to let Khushi and him heal. >>I apologize from the bottom of my heart for my action but I want you to know what I did and how sorry I am for my decisions.<<