Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Arnav opened his eyes and noticed that he wasn't in the bed, next to Khushi anymore. He looked down on himself and saw how small his hands were and his face felt wet. His small palm moved up and touched his own cheek. In the moment his fingertips touched with teardrops skin, he realized what happened and where he was.

He was in his childhood room after he saw his dad naked together with their maid. He opened the door and walked to his parent's bedroom, not being able to be alone anymore in his room. Arnav saw his mother sleeping on the bed and even he didn't want to awake her, he was shattered about his father's words. So much, that he just wanted to feel his mother's love and healing touch. What if his father decided to leave their family? And what if he doesn't love his mommy anymore? This was the biggest fear, in this moment for him. Every child want their parents to love each other and be happy.

*

He walked to his parent's bed and took place next to his mom to feel her comforting touch. He was still crying and his mother awoke, when she heard his childish sobs.

>>Arnav? Beta? Kiya hua? What happened?<<

Arnav was crying, not able to say a word but his mother continued to ask again and again.

>>What happened? Please tell me. Did you dream something bad? Please tell me, baby.<<

And then the child spoke without thinking just to let his fear out.

>>Mummy? Daddy don't love us anymore. He is going to leave us.<<

>>Arnav, how can you think something like this? Your dad loves you. He loves all of us. We are his world. How do you come to say something like this? To even think something like this? Why do you think, your dad doesn't love us?<<

>>Mommy, what if he found one other mommy?<<

His mother cupped his small face and one understanding smile formed on her lips in realization that he must heard their fight earlier the day.

>>Nothing like this will ever happen, Arnav. When one woman and man marry, then their bond is forever. We can't change our soulmates. And also one man can marry only once and one woman too. Do you understand, beta?<<

Little Arnav nodded but he couldn't remove the pictures of his daddy with the other woman.

>>We can love only once in our life, Arnav. Once we marry the one person, then this is forever and nothing can change this decision. This is God's will. One day you are going to understand what I mean and I hope, you will always remember my words, baby.<<

>>Then why did he said to our maid that he loves her?<<

His mother froze and small Arnav could see blankness in her eyes.

She didn't say anything anymore and her hands have lost their power. He saw how she moved her palm and fisted her silk saree.

>>Mommy?<<

Arnav tried to bring his Mother to say something, but she didn't answer and stood up from bed. He followed her with his small eyes and saw how she walked outside. Then he could hear his mother's painful screams.

***

>>Maaa!<<

Arnav awaked with horrible pain in his chest. His heart was thumping like crazy and he looked around to find out where he was. He realized that he was in Aman's house and in his room. He wasn't a child anymore and his eyes looked at the place next to him just to find it empty. He stood up and walked downstairs, wondering why she didn't slept anymore, even it was still dark outside. It didn't took him long to find her. He found her sitting on the couch, watching TV. She was so deep into the film that she didn't noticed his presence, till he took place next to her on the couch.