Chapter 23

Chapter 23

In the moment she jerked his hand away, he placed it on the bathtub rim, his eyes never leaving hers. They spoke to her and showed only understanding. He wasn't angry. Not even disappointed. All he cared was her happiness. Her health.

He felt how much his hand wanted to move back to her face. To touch her. Follow the contours of her ears, chin, nose and lips. Yes he wanted so badly to touch her again, but he knew also, Khushi didn't want him to touch her right now, otherwise she wouldn't hit his hand away.

Arnav took the showerhead and started to wash out the shampoo from her hair. It was hard but he tried to touch her as less as possible, because he wanted to respect her wish. While he looked down on her head and washed the rest of foam from her head, he also asked himself if she cried because he touched her. Then his eyes moved to her face to check if she still cried but accidently his eyes landed on her chest and he couldn't remove his eyes from her chest.

The foam from her head was washed away, but also all bubbles around her body. Her palms laid on her chest and hid her bosoms from his glance, but Khushi couldn't hide everything under her small hands. One small bulge showed him a clue what laid under her palms and he found himself wanting to touch the hidden place. He knew what impact Khushi had on him and his body. He was not able to forget her beautiful curves. Her small mole which invited him last time he held her in his arms to kiss it. The mole was his favorite place to kiss after Khushi's soft lips.

Arnav closed his eyes and turned away, ashamed because of pictures that appeared in his head. He didn't want to embarrass her with his glances. She should feel absolutely safe and not pressed by him.

Thinking about all this, Arnav started to play with her hair instead of rinsing the soap out. In the moment he realized what he did, Arnav decided to leave and give Khushi some privacy. Yeah, privacy was good, for her and especially for him and his sanity.

>>Leaving you now alone to do the rest. You can use the two big towels I have left next to the tub. Do you need anything else?<<

He waited few seconds but no answer came so he left the bathroom. He didn't want to think again on what his eyes saw. He didn't intended to see Khushi naked, but his eyes were too fast and now he have to live with the beautiful pictures of his unattainable wife.

Still, even he left the bathroom, even he leaned against the closed door, he couldn't let it go. It was impossible to move on and do something else. Arnav tried to act against his instinct to be close to Khushi. He tried hard. Breathing slowly in and out. Trying to move his thoughts to some other topic. Even scolding himself for his weakness and behavior was involved into his plan to move away from the door and leave Khushi alone.

Strange sound came from inside his chest alone with the thought from being away from Khushi. In his body, mind and soul one impossible task to do. Pictured of the past controlled his thoughts. Feeling of loneliness filled his heart. His soul screamed for the other half. Arnav realized, he couldn't stay outside anymore. He didn't even think one second longer, before he opened the door again and stormed inside. What if she left? What if he has to live without her again?

Khushi laid on the floor, sobbing, looking weak. He saw red. In his imagination he relived the moment in the factory where she worked and she run away from him. The moment when he thought that he have lost her again. She was wrapped in one big towel and must got caught in it and slipped on the wet flour. He took her in his arms and walked back to bed. She fought with her fists and hit on his chest.