Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Both stood on the wall, face to face and felt each other. The time seems to stop and only their loud breaths were to hear. Khushi still tried to understand what she saw and Arnav tried the same about what he heard.

Khushi pulled on his shirt, boring her nails deep into it. She was sure if she didn't stopped him, he would have killed Mr. Kundra and this terrified her to the core. Did Arnav really believed in her innocence and not in Mr. Kundra's lies? Was he really this time on her side?

The same person who named her three years ago with such awful names, was ready to kill someone for her. The picture of Kundra's blue face glimmered behind her eyes and she asked herself, why? Why was Arnav ready to hurt someone for her? Why was he protecting her? Why was he believing her?

She pulled away from him and saw surprise in his eyes. He roamed around her face to see every reaction and she tried hard to hide her disgust. She knew she hugged him and was at the same time disappointed in herself that she did it. Her feelings threaten to overrun her. The situation so overwhelming that Khushi was ready to forget her mistrust in Arnav and find solace in his arms.

Khushi's weakness hurt her. It make her wanting to leave her own body. Peel her own skin. She felt so weak. So desperate and that was something she didn't want to feel at all.

*

Whatever Arnav saw in her face, he didn't show how he felt about it. He took her hand which she tried to free immediately and pulled her behind him, while he walked to the door.

As soon they left his office, they saw many people standing outside. Arnav realized that they must be heard what happened inside the office, or they saw how Akash and Lavanya left the room with Mr. Kundra. Whatever they heard and saw, they stood now there and looked up to Arnav and Khushi.

Arnav could see how they talked behind their hands and heard how Khushi gasped. Arnav could see from the corner of his eyes how she turned around and felt her shaking hand in his. He knew he didn't like her reaction at all. She shouldn't be afraid of this people. She shouldn't fear no one and he promised himself, he would make sure that she didn't have to experience this feelings, ever again.

He pulled her to him, placed his hand on her shoulder and turned Khushi around to them. His voice was loud and clear when he spoked.

>>As some of you may know, I am Arnav Singh Raizada. The new owner of this factory.<<

He looked to Khushi and took her hand in his, again.

>>And I just realized I didn't introduced you to the most important person in my life. This is Khushi Singh Raizada. My wife.<<

Some people gasped, some discussed the new information with the people that stood next to them and some even started to speak loud. Asking questions only Khushi and Arnav knew.

Wife?

How?

Don't believe it. Is she his mistress?

If she was his wife, then why was she here for years, without him?

Why does she not say anything?

What happened with Mr. Kundra?

Khushi didn't say anything of course but her body spoke a language Arnav knew very well. She was still afraid. It was obvious that the whole situation was responsible for her uneasiness and he just wanted to give her the very needful protection. He wanted to end everything, so that Khushi and he could get some time alone. Arnav's interrupted the loud discussion with his own voice.