Chapter 4

Chapter 4

As soon as Khushi's gaze fell on the person next to her, she recognized him as the guy who saved her life. His smile was sweet and trusting when he greeted her with one simple hi. She knew she needed to react, return his kind words but everything was blank. Everything, except the cruel words of her family. Her Babuji, her hero, repented that he brought her into his family. Her mother, who wasn't happy with his decision. And her only sister, who hated her because her wedding was called off. Her family, this family was her whole world. Their house was a place where she grew up and now, after everything, Khushi felt like a stranger. She felt like some intruder.

It was hard to be part of a conversation after the shock of losing everything that made you to the person you are. This was the reason Khushi didn't have enough strength to speak to this stranger, so she just nodded and smiled weakly. After she made sure he ended his sentence, she turned around to walk away and find some place to rest. Getting some peace was important because Khushi needed urgently to calm down and sort her heart out. How will she ever look into their eyes and speak again with them after the knowledge about their real opinion? How will she ever walk into this house and look into her Babuji's eyes who repented to ever brought her into his house? How?

The floor in the corner of Mandir became part of her own heaven as soon as she sat on the floor. The ground was cold and hard, but it gave Khushi the feeling of home even if this would never truly be her home. She remarked how someone took place right beside her and wondered who it was. As soon as she discovered the same face as before, she looked shy away.

>>Where I come from, people say thank you if someone save their life.<<

She observed his face and frowned.

>>I helped you on the streets Ms.? Remember?<<

He looked deeply into her eyes as he tried to read what was on her mind. His gaze was too much to bear because Khushi have got the feeling he could read her deepest secrets and she wasn't ready yet to share her pain with someone. She looked back to front and saw secretly from the corner of her eyes to him because she wasn't able to ignore him as much she wasn't able to tell him everything about herself. It would be so easy to share her sorrows with this stranger but on the other side, trust is hard to earn.

No she decided she won't say anything but still her eyes remain secretly on him. His black hair was long so that he could actually put the strands behind his ear. His skin was dark and shined golden in the sun. She observed his clothes and saw a simple black t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. His style was very modern and he seemed actually nice. On the other side she remembered what her Amma told her once about strangers and how to behave with them. She should really not talk with him.

In the moment Khushi thought on her Amma she felt the loss and rejection inside her heart. Her family didn't want her to be part of them anymore. Remembering their conversation still pained. It was his boring gaze which brought her back to here and now. Suddenly Khushi remembered his words and knew he was right. She should really thank him for helping her. She was in hurry earlier today so that she forgot to say thank you which needed to be done now. Her glance moved back to him and she whispered, >>Shukriya.<<

Then she breathed deep in and out before she decided to go back home. She needed to face her demons evern she wasn't ready for what was waiting for her. She stood up and wanted to leave Mandir when she heard his voice again.

>>Are you back tomorrow?<<

She looked back but didn't answer before. Then she turned around and started to walk away, her thought's still by her family. But before she left the building his voice was back again.