Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Arnav stood slowly up and walked outside the room, to the poolside and closed the door behind him. He knew Khushi couldn't hear him outside while he arranged everything to get her to eat something. All what mattered for him, was her health and he was ready to do everything needful to make sure Khushi was well. While he spoke on the phone he felt her eyes on himself. Arnav decided to not to give her a hint, that he knew her eyes were on him.

Only when he was done on the phone he decided to finally confront her about her behavior. As soon as his eyes fell on her and he realized she was still looking at him, he couldn't suppress a little smirk that he hoped, Khushi wouldn't see. The situation between them was complicated enough he didn't want to add weird too.

She looked at him and he met her eyes too in the moment he walked back inside the bedroom. Khushi held his glance for a while, but then looked back to wall. He knew she wanted to have her peace from him, she showed him this often enough and he was willing to give her space for some time. Still, her time was limited because he intended to keep good care of her and her healt.

He started to clean the floor and pick up broken dishes knowing very well that she could hear his every movement, but didn't spoke any word with her to give her time alone she seemed to want.

***

Akash looked down on his phone and then upstairs. His boss called him from his bedroom to bring more food and ordered him to do something he could not understand so easy, but it is as it is. He is his boss and Akash needs to do what his boss wants him to do. He put his phone inside his pocket and his eyes met Lavanya's.

>>What happened? Who called you?<<

He didn't know if he should laugh or something else by this weird order his boss just gave him.

>>Well, I don't understand it, but I have to do what he wants me to do, so, come I need every help I can get.<<

They left the condo together while Lavanya bore him with her questions. Akash didn't gave anything away, because he wanted to see her reaction when they reach the place where he needed to go to get his boss's order. He prepared himself for her reaction, being sure her face was going to sweeten his day.

***

Arnav cleaned the floor so that nothing showed what Khushi did with the dishes and the food. He walked inside the bathroom and filled the bathtub with hot water. Then he placed few towels next to the tub, so that Khushi could reach them easily. The tub filled up with warm water and bubbles covered the water surface. While he waited, he thought about his next steps and how to approach Khushi. He didn't want to scare her or put her under any kind of stress. It was important to him, that she learn to relax while being in his accompany.

The when everything was ready for Khushi's bath and Arnav decided that she have got enough time for herself, he walked back and informed her about the full tub that was waiting for her.

>>Come on, Khushi. Your bathtub is ready.<<

As expected, Khushi didn't react in any way Arnav was hoping she would do. He wanted to use the time till the ordered food was there and let her take a relaxing bath. Maybe after this, she would finally eat. Sadly, Khushi didn't stand up and walked to the bathroom, happy for her bath. No, she just continued ignoring Arnav and his orders for her to stand up.

>>Khushi?<<

Arnav tried again but nothing changed. She didn't move, nor react with her voice. There was just the silence which answered Arnav instead Khushi.