Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Arnav and Khushi were on the way to their home together with Akash and Lavanya in the car. Arnav let the whole day pass and remembered everything that had happened. Khushi's behaviour didn't change at all. It was totally opposite.

She ignored him.

Only inside their home, he could grab her attention.

Khushi wanted to have sex with him almost every night and he gave it to her willingly. Her mood was depressing before they got intimate and after they ended she was somehow calmer. Arnav also didn't like the fact that she tried to leave the bed and go to the guest room.

In the first night after her breakdown, where she clawed her face off, Khushu left the bedroom while Arnav was sleeping. Sometime at the same night, he remarked the empty place next to him and looked for her everywhere.

He found her in guest room, sleeping peacefully on the bed. Arnav neither laid down next to her, nor awakened her. He just picked her up and brought her back to their room and their bed.

It was good that Khushu didn't wake up in the process. He didn't want any drama and fights. He didn't want to upset her but also didn't want to be forced to refuse her wish to sleep alone in the other room.

Since then, Arnav has been very aware of Khushi's attempt to leave him. Actually she didn't even wait anymore until he slept. She tried to leave the bed right after the sex and he always stopped her by holding her inside his embrace. It was out of question for him to let Khushi leave his side.

And the next day she acted as if nothing happened. She continued ignoring him and doing her job.

Arnav needed to admit that Khushi didn't look happy and alive, apart from the time she worked. As per his wish, she worked in his office every day, so that he could see her. Sometimes she hid her face from him by covering it with her dupatta and sometimes she worked sitting close to him on his table. It didn't change her distant behaviors, but whenever he gave her something to work on it, she looked a little happier and sat next to him.

He neither questioned this action, nor asked Khushu to sit with him, when she took place on the other side of the office.

He remembered how he gave her a new thread and needles for her work. As if he gifted her expensive jewelries or clothes, her face shined and she gave the most beautiful smile he has ever seen. Since then, he has often gifted her needles and threads and she has taken them everywhere with herself.

Even now in the car, she was holding them in her hand.

Sometimes he wanted to name her as needle or thread.

Khushu was obsessed with these two things. On the weekends, she worked on the clothes she brought home from the company, but actually Arnav hoped that she would start embroidering her own clothes.

Remembering how she bought her first needle and thread and how he scolded her has broken his heart again when he remembered on this situation. One more thing to add to his sins. Three years ago, he was an asshole and scolded her because she dared to spend his money on needle and threads to embroider his name on her clothes.

Today, he would do everything just to see her embroidering his name on her clothes again.

Sadly, she wrote name of other guys on their girl's clothes.

He knew, he couldn't and wouldn't tell her to embroider his name. He knew, this order or request would push the whole situation too far for Khushi. He knew, he could break her much more than she has already been, so he continued gifting her needles and threads and adored her smile.