Chapter 50

Chapter 50

The hard slap wasn't much surprising. He saw anger in Anjali's eyes. He saw how she walked to him and prepared himself for what was about to come before she even reached him. All he cared for, was Khushi's tearful eyes. Her deep pain that reflected in her face and that he was responsible for.

Anjali started screaming. It took him a minute to understand her words.

>>You thought my husband had an affair with Khushi and decided to do what? You thought playing games and creating fake marriage would protect me. Are you insane, Arnav?<<

>>I am not our mother Anrav. I am not that weak. I would never put myself over my children. I would never kill myself because of a man. My life is worth something to me, so is my love for my kids. Why didn't you came to me?<<

>>You were pregnant. I feared you would lose your child if I talked with you.<<

He tried to explain. At least he would try to explain why he did what he did. Arnav didn't try to save himself from the guilt, but he tried to explain why he did what he did because he wanted Khushi to understand the reason for his betrayal. One day she would hopefully realize that his only intention was to protect his sister and he did everything he did out of love for his family.

Anjali slapped him again, this time on the other side.

>>The saddest part was that someone paid for this misunderstanding, because what you thought would be, was wrong.<<

Shiyam walked to them. It was him who spoke suddenly.

>>Khushi came to my office a few years ago and asked for my help to find her biological parents. She was found at the age of five years on the streets of Lucknow and had lived the next years with the Gupta family. Your sister Anjali met her a few times in my office. I didn't hide anything from my wife.<<

>>The last time I saw her, I told her I would continue searching for them even if she couldn't give me any money for my work.<<

Arnav looked at Khushi again who hid her face under her palms and her body trembled.

Anjali and Shiyam stood around him and talked. He heard them and knew what they said. He knew before this conversation that whatever he thought about Khushi was wrong. His instinct has told him the truth so many times, but he chose to ignore his inner voice and now has to face the extent of his stupidity. He knew the truth would hurt but not to the level it actually hurt now.

He told himself again and again that he would work to make it right. His mistakes and whole past will be cleaned again. He promised himself he would do everything to make it up to Khushi and get her forgiveness. He believed every word Anjali and Shiyam said and even if they didn't say one word about the past, he decided long time ago that he didn't care anymore.

If Khushi doesn't leave him and stay with him, they are going to accomplish the whole situation.

They will be stronger in the end.

She just needs to stay with him.

*

Payal listened to the conversation. She thought whole night what to do to separate Arnav and Khushi and here was the solution. She couldn't believe her luck.

Some things made sense that the guy and this woman who was Arnav's sister said, but some things not. Payal knew about Khushi's past, but she never saw Arnav's sister and her husband together with Khushi. Well she didn't care. She prepared herself for the final move to separate them and wanted to concentrate on celebration instead of thinking of unimportant people with stupid name Khushi.