Chapter 26

Chapter 26

This one small, simple question let her open her eyes and she looked unbelieving to him. He still held her on his lap, in his embrace. His hands were firm on her body, while he looked down, waiting for her answer. It took her few seconds to get her reaction under control and look away to escape his glance.

Her eyes moved to front and she saw people, rickshaws, car's on the streets, moving in different directions. And there, between tall these people, came images of two people she once called her family. Same people who send her away in such brutal, horrible way, that the simple thought on them, created nausea inside her belly. She banned them three years ago out of her memory, just like she did with Arnav.

Khushi's eyes moved back to him and this time deep disgust was clearly visible on her face. This disgust was there even she tried to hide it, because it was so deep and powerful that nothing could remove it. Yes, she was disgusted from him and now Arnav could see it. She wanted him to see it because he deserved it.

Arnav's grip loosened a little, while his eyes widen slowly. How much she wanted to shout at him. Tell him liar, cheater, killer. She wanted to show him how much she hated him. Say all mean and hurtful words in this world to him, but she decided to stay mum.

She stayed mum, because what is the need to talk when everything is already told.

No, there is nothing to say anymore and she was ready to tell him through her silence everything that needed to be told.

And then when she thought her hateful gaze should bring her message to him and he finally realized what she felt toward him, when she thought he will probably leave her alone as reaction on her unspoken message, he pulled her closer to his firm chest and held her even closer as before.

Her head turned to the man who drove the car and she decided to stay calm till Arnav and her, were alone. No matter how much she wanted to fight with Arnav, she still didn't want that this man named Akash, see their fights. She stayed nearly lifeless in Arnav's arms and forbid herself to enjoy his hug. She forbade herself even to feel safe in his arms. Why? Because if she dared, if she just dared, he could change his mood in the next second and drop her down. She knew how it feels to be thrown away like a garbage. She knew it from the last day with him, three years ago.

The day, she died.

***

They reached the building and the man named Akash open the car door for them. Arnav didn't let her one second out of his arms. She did everything to ignore his gaze and look everywhere but not to him.

When they enter the condo, one speechless Lavanya welcomed them holding the door bright open. Arnav didn't stop and walked straight to their bedroom. He placed Khushi on the bed and Khushi felt her anger growing and growing. She just didn't knew why, but his whole bossy style made her angry like never before. He ordered food again. And yes, again fifty one portions. After this, he called the doctor to come up and check her. Then he called the police officer after Akash gave him the number.

In the time Arnav talked outside on the terrace on his phone probably with police, Dr. Dara entered the room and groped her ribs. His voice reached inside the room and every time he shouted, both, Dr. Dara and Khushi fliched.

>>Your husband is a very angry, intimidating man, dear.<<

Khushi looked to the door of the terrace and didn't answer but Dr. Dara continued after Arnav shouted again into the phone.