Chapter 70

Chapter 70

Khushi stood on the window, her hand still holding Arnav's childhood photo. She listened to Manorama explanation about how this photo was taken. Arnav was at his mother's funeral. He was as white as a sheet, his eyes red, holding his knees, ignoring his father who was standing behind him.

It seemed his father was saying something, but Arnav ignored him. His eyes were full of pain, probably because of the loss of his beloved mother. Being an orphan, alone without his mother must be horrible.

Khushi's hand hasn't left her belly since the moment she heard his story that Manorama told with a broken voice. She couldn't remove pictures of her child being alone. She imagined her baby was in Arnav's place. She imagined her child's face on her funeral.

What a horrible thought it was.

She turned around when she heard the sound of the opening door.

Akash, Lavanya, Mahendra and Manorama were standing there. Manorama's eyes were still red and Mahendra's lips were formed into a thin line. Before anyone of them spoke, Khushi started to say the words that were written on her heart.

>>There is something I need to tell you.<<

She saw how everyone waited with anticipation for her next words that's why, she continued quickly.

>>I want Arnav to return. Back to this house. Back to his family. Where he belongs.<<

Manorama and Mahendra exchanged glances.

>>Are you sure, beta?<<

Mahendra asked, his voice clearly showing that he couldn't believe what he heard.

Khushi nodded. This huge step would cost her more than these people in front of her could see. She fought with her tears and memories of past. She fought against her wish to take her words back. She knew this wouldn't be easy, but she didn't know it would be so hard either.

Her eyes wandered to Akash and saw him touching his neck. He didn't speak at first but his eyes spoke thousands of words. Something was wrong but it seemed he was thinking about telling her or keeping it from her.

>>Akash?<<

He still didn't speak. His eyes wandered behind her on the wall but Khushi stopped him.

>>What's wrong?<<

Akash breathed out deeply.

>>I don't think I can talk about it. I mean he told me to forget him and don't mention his name in front of you.<<

Khushi directed her eyes from him to others. It seemed that everyone of them received the same order from him. Well, it was time to own to her place in this family. She wasn't only their daughter and their boss. She was now, thanks to Arnav the head of this family. Mahendra uncle was there, but since she came into the family, it was her who took all important decisions and it was time to leave the unsure Khushi behind.

These people where now her family and they will do everything to make her happy, that was something she learned in the last few months. Now it was time to pay back and prove she was one of them, too.

>>Say what is on you mind, Akash.<<

Her voice was so firm, so dominant. Being with Singh Raizada family changed her. Being part of her new family made her stronger. No, Arnav was the one who started changing her. Through his protective behavior she learned herself and her value. She learned that she was someone who deserved to be loved.