Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Arnav was so relieved that Khushi started to eat, that he couldn't stop himself from feeling happy. He fed her carefully, being scared that she suddenly changes her mind. Even she kept her eyes closed, Arnav could see in her face how relaxed she suddenly was. It seemed as she accepted his presence and the food that he gave her and that made him to the luckiest man on the earth.

He placed food carefully inside her mouth and wait for her to react and start to chew. His eyes followed every movement of her lips and when her throat moved he prepared the next bit for her. Every movement fit perfectly to the peace that surrounded them.

His every movement was full of care and fondness. In short time the plate became half empty and Khushi signaled him that she couldn't eat anymore. She pushed the plate softly away and leaned back, feeling suddenly tiered. Arnav took one glass of water with her meds to give it to her and poke again with much softness in his voice.

>>Pease take them. Your body needs to heal.<<

Her eyes were still closed, but big tears ran down her cheeks. Again.

Arnav understood her. He knew that she did something against her will. It wasn't fair that he tricked her, but it was needful. It was impossible to ignore this big tears, which moved slowly down her face. His tomb removed one of it.

>>Please don't cry, Khushi. I can't see them. Can't see you hurt. Everything is going to be ok. I promise. Just concentrate on getting better and leave the rest to me.<<

He caressed her face, not wanting to remove his hand because feeling her warmth was amazing. And also, Khushi was suddenly pretty welcoming for his touch. Usually she would flinch away or just push his hand away, whenever he tried to get closer to her. But now she just seemed to accept it. It was hard for Arnav to see her distanced toward him, even he could very well understand why she felt this way. Now she seems to accept him and as long she let him, he was ready for everything, she allows him to take.

One soft knock interrupted them. Arnav stopped to caress Khushis face, while she opened her eyes. The magical spell of peace and love was broken. Khushi remembered everything again. Armav knew it the moment he saw the upcoming hate and disgust in her face.

The person on the door knocked again and he stood up to open the door. He knew he deserved to see her hate and disgust. After all, it was him who brought her back to her family, lying about their marital state. Yes, it was him who lied to keep his sister safe and he will be the one who is going to pay for his deeds.

***

On the other side of the door was Akash with Dr. Dara. He didn't want to interrupt ASR but Dr. Dara wanted to see Khushi again, so has no other option than to knock on the door and disturb ASR. Arnav opened the door and let them in. Dr. Dara didn't explain herself and walked to Khushi to check her pulse, while ASR led Akash to the food.

*

Khushi looked at the doctor who was busy to check her pulse. She didn't look up because this other man was inside, but she could hear Arnav's voice. The voice she actually never again wanted to hear, but now it was there against her will and fought its way back into her heart. Khushi forced herself to ignore all feelings inside her chest. She didn't want to feel anything, so she tried hard to act as they weren't there and didn't warm her soul.

>>Akash can you do me a favor and take this bags to the poorest part of town. There are still fifty portions food left inside, so that you just need to find fifty hungry kids and distribute the food.<<