Chapter 75

Chapter 75

They ate breakfast very silently, but the air between them was more than tense. Arnav followed every movement of Khushi, while she was eating. It was hard for him to stay calm, because he was waiting nervously for her to tell him that she was going to leave him soon.

Being afraid that Khushi would walk through the door and leave him alone, pushed Arnav back into his darkness. The darkness that will swallow him and never let him out again.

After they ended their breakfast, Khushi cleaned the table and asked Arnav to sit down. He did as she said and they stared at each other for a while. Unspoken words were hanging between them. Hidden feelings, not visible to the other one.

Then Khushi decided to break the silence.

>>Before I came to Delhi, I went to my old street.<<

She saw how Arnav became surprised by her words, so she decided to continue to see what more did he hid from her.

>>Only Harry Prakash's house remains still on it's place. What happened Arnav?<<

Arnav looked down at his hands. He behaved like a small boy being caught by doing something wrong. Khushi wanted, no needed to know what he did, so she continued asking.

>>Are you responsible for the destruction of all these buildings?<<

He looked up and Khushi saw how he thought about his next words. Why she was really curious about Arnav's answer, she tried to give him as much time as possible to open up to her.

>>Yes. I am responsible for this.<<

>>Why?<<

Came out as a whisper. Khushi knew it was Arnav who did this in Lucknow. She knew and prepared herself, but still it was shocking to hear that Arnav could go to this extent.

>>Because of what they had done. Because they deserved it.<<

>>But didn't you think about how they would live? Where will they sleep? They ended up on the streets.<<

>>My wife too.<<

His voice was deep and firm and showed how determinate he was in his opinion.

>>I am going to ask you something very important now and I want an honest answer.<<

>>I will always be honest with you.<<

The unspoken memory hung between them. Both remembered the time where Arnav wasn't so honest.

>>A few months ago, I found a human heart in front of my door. I wanted to know whether you have something to do with it and whose heart it is?<<

Arnav looked down at his hands again and seemed so vulnerable. It took him a few minutes until he answered.

>>Yes, it was me who brought it to your door and I apologize for this weak moment. I shouldn't have done it and put you in this situation. It was dangerous and stupid.<<

>>Whose heart was it?<<

>>The guy who sent all those messages to your mobile phone. I read it and I was angry and of course jealous. He played his dirty game together with Payal and...<<

Arnav stopped talking and looked at Khushi carefully. He wanted to check how much the name Payal made sense to her. His eyes bored into hers and she recognized what he tried to do. He tried to find out whether she was hurt. His want to protect her impressed Khushi, but at the same time, she was busy to sort out her feelings and information about Payal.