Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Arnav stood up and turned around. His eyes fell first on Lavanya and Akash. Then he looked round and saw all people who stood there, looking at them with wondering faces. Arnav's face didn't look polite anymore. In fact his face didn't show any feelings anymore. Khushi hid her face under her dupatta and started to work again like nothing happened before between Arnav and her.

With firm but small steps he walked to Lavanya and she felt her heart slide down in her pants heaving her now ex-boss undivided attention. She imagined how he jelled at her, hit her or took her bunny Alex away because of her failure. She didn't even stop to imagine what all he would do to her, when he reached her and stood in front of her. And when he didn't spoke, she took her whole courage to open her eyes and met his boring gaze. Their eyes met and Lavanya couldn't stop to wonder why Khushi never showed fear from her husband? He could be pretty mean and a beast to everyone around him, if he wanted to. But then he was so careful with his wife Khushi. This other soft and loving face of ASR let Lavanya hope for getting her job back and also keeping her life.

And even Lavanya hoped for the best, she still knew ASR's motto. ASR never forgets and never forgives. She waited to hear his voice. She waited for his order to leave, but nothing like this came. Actually the next thing he said surprised her.

>>Today, today my wife gave me the best present I could get from her. She spoke to me. To see her responding to my words, to see how she looked at me and nodded to my questions. Can you imagine what this means to me?<<

His voice was soft like his face. All his love was shown in his eyes and as suddenly it came, as sudden it disappeared. His face hardened. All feelings were gone. It appeared, he locked them behind big, metallic doors.

>>You brought her here per her wish?<<

>>Ji, Sir.<< Lavanya nodded like she wanted to underline her words.

>>And she told you, exactly how?<<

>>I gave her my phone and she tipped it down. I didn't find any paper and pencil, so I tough to use my phone.<<

>>You did very good.<< ASR said polite and Lavanya knew when she heard his voice, that he liked the information about Khushi she provided.

>>You just got your job back, Miss Kasyap. Of course only if you want to be back on board.<<

Lavanya couldn't believe her luck.

>>Are you serious?<<

He passed her and spoke. >>Stay with Khushi and take care of her till I find one solution for the current situation.<<

As usual ASR didn't answer Lavanya's question and did what he usually always do. Throwing work at his employees.

>>Ji, Sir.<< Lavanya was so happy that she didn't lose her job and than's why, she didn't even think to demand an answer to her unimportant question.

*

Arnav entered Mr. Kundra's office without a knock or an permission to walk in. He came straight to point without nice words and redundant empty phrases. >>How much?<< Mr. Khundra looked up from his table and seemed very surprised about the new visitor. >>Oh, Mr. Singh Raizada, nice to see you again.<< Mr. Kundra stood slowly up from his place, hope and greed clearly written on his face. Arnav didn't have patience for niceties and acting. He came with an intent and wanted nothing else then to come closer to his aim. >>Cut the crap, Kundra. How much do you want?<<