Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Virgin?

Could it be? Arnav replayed all memories about their first night and tried to find something that would give him the answers for his questions. The problem was, that all this happened three years ago and he couldn't remember every single thing.

Yes, Arnav remembered the missing stains on the sheet and how he had felt about this. He remembered how he had asked himself whether Khushi had slept with Shiyam or not. And later when he read the messages on her phone, he asked himself, how many guys she had been together with allready.

Then he became angry and behaved horribly towards Khushi because he questioned her character. And now Aman's words created deep doubts about everything he thought about Khushi.

He walked upstairs and tried to gain courage to ask Khushi about the night. He has always been an honest person and spoken everything straight away, except that one time with her three years ago when he lied about his intention with her. It wasn't something he was proud about. Arnav hated lies and dishonesty, but today he wanted to be honest with Khushi.

He intended to go to her and talk about the past he rather wanted to keep away from them.

*

Arnav walked inside the bedroom, expecting to find Khushi inside the room, but to his surprise, she wasn't there. He checked the bathroom, but that was empty too. The only possibility left about Khushi's whereabouts, was the poolside.

He opened the big glass door and saw her sitting on the poolside, sewing something. When he came closer, he saw what exactly she was doing. With shining stones, she created the most beautiful embroidery Arnav has ever seen in his life.

Lavanya has already showed him some of Khushi's works, but this was exceptional. She looked up and the moment she saw him, she blushed. The first thought which came to his mind was that Khushi behaved like a newly married girl, who didn't have much experience with a man and this thought brought goosebumps to his neck.

A dark premonition suddenly appeared in his heart. Something very bad was about to happen. Arnav decided to ask the question, he came to ask and ignored the bad feeling. He knelt down to meet Khushi's eyes.

>>Khushi?<<

Arnav was never before in his life, been so afraid to hear someone's answer, like in this moment.

>>I need to ask you something and I need your honest answer.<<

His eyes searched her eyes for an answer, before he asked what was on his mind. Khushi's big brown eyes were an ocean of honesty and Arnav was pleased that she allowed him to look into the depth of her soul, not hiding any feelings from him. Before he asked and before Khushi answered, Arnav knew what her reply would be.

>>Khushi?<<

He took a very deep breath before he crossed the line he actually didn't want to, because he knew the answer would change everything.

>>Khushi, did you hide something under the bed in the house in Lucknow? I mean did you put something under the bed, three years ago in the house where we lived together?<<

Khushi leaned back, her expression slowly changing from confusion to anger.

She looked at him like he was her biggest enemy.

Then he saw it. The truth was written in her eyes, nearly hidden, but still a little visible under her current feelings. Her secret was out and threatened to crush all his dreams and hopes for their future.