Chapter 2

~Maddie's POV~

I was so excited to my friend's birthday party. My mom was dropping me off while my sister Payton watched me.

"Mom, do I have to stay at the party? I don't want to be with a bunch of little kids all day." Payton asked, whining as usual. And I'm the little kid.

"It will only be a few hours. I don't want Maddie to get hurt."

"What could happen at a little pizza place?"

My mom kept silent. At that moment, Payton knew to shut up. I don't know why they got so quiet, but it's better if I don't ask.

I ran out of the car, Payton slowly following.

I looked at the big sign on top of the building. "Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria."

"It's just a sign." Payton said, clearly not wanting to be here.

I walked in and ran up to my friend Ally.

"Happy birthday Ally." I smiled.

"Thanks." She said with an annoyed tone. What's with everybody's mood today?

-Time skip-

"Here Freddy, you can open this one." Ally said handing her next present to Freddy. She had fallen in love with him the moment he began to sing.

I could see the manager glaring from the distance.

"It's your birthday, Ally. You should." Freddy said.

And she did.

She finally got to my gift. I couldn't stop shaking with excitement when she opened it.

"A pirate hat? Why would I want that?" She asked.

"Well, everybody likes pirates. And I thought we could play together." I said while putting on an eyepatch and grabbing two cardboard swords, holding one out for her.

"Right. Like I would play with you. I expected something better. The only reason I invited you was to get another present."

I tried to hold back my tears. It was working, until I saw Freddy smiling. It felt almost as if he felt the same.

I ran away, the other kids laughing. I tried to find somewhere alone.

I ran into a room where there was a stage and a curtain. I went inside the curtain, hoping to be alone.

I threw the swords aside and tore off my eyepatch. I looked at it in my hand, then threw it too. I buried my face in my hands.

When I looked out of them, my eyepatch was in front of me, dangling from the hook of a fox-like creature.

I almost screamed.

"Wh-who are you?" I asked in fear.

"I'm Foxy."