Chapter 32

~Mangle's POV~

Foxy bit a child? I thought after he left. No wonder he feels depressed about his loneliness.

I watched as the clock hit 6:00 a.m. and kids flooded in. I was scared.

Another day of being abused by children. Great.

Some kids began to play with me nicely. I was happy until some kid remembered yesterday and convinced everyone it was fun to torture animatronics. Why can't they hurt anybody else? Why me?

I sat there being torn apart when some teenage girl yelled at the kids.

"Hey! You wouldn't like it if somebody did that to you, so stop doing that to her!"

The kids walked away muttering mean things about the girl.

"It's okay. You're safe now." She said to me.

"Thank y-" I was cut off by radio static coming from my voice box. Those stupid kids broke it.

"No problem." She said, ignoring the static. I think I'm going to like her.

"Well, I have to go. I'm sorry. I'll see you tomorrow." She left with a smile and a wave. I did the same back to her.

While the girl walked away, she talked to a younger girl. The younger girl ran up to me.

"Hi!" She said. "I see you met my sister."

"Yeah, she's great."

"So, are you Foxy? That's what one guy told me."

"Uh, yeah." I didn't want to tell her what everybody truly calls me. I might lose her as a friend.

"What do you mean by that?"

"What?"

"You hesitated. Tell me, what's your real name." Damn, this girl's smart.

"Well, I'm supposed to be Foxy, but everybody calls me Mangle."

"I like it. It's unique and special. Like you."

I smiled bigger than I ever did before.

"What's your name?" I asked. I like her. She might just be my friend. The one child who doesn't rip me apart for fun.

"Maddie."