Chapter 41

~Mangle's POV~

I waited, as usual, in Kids Cove for 12:00 a.m.. I was, also as usual, in a pile of parts. I felt bad that the puppet's hard work was ruined.

I didn't remember much from that moment. I saw him leaning over me, and suddenly, I was in a box. All I know is that he gave me life.

I also remember hearing letters whispered to me. I heard "A", "V", "T", and "M". There might have been more, but I couldn't hear them very clearly.

It was 11:58. I wasn't going to kill the security guard, as I promised, but I do get to hang around and have fun at night. Well, it may not be much fun, but it's better than being torn apart by children, right?

I heard something move next to me. It was the kid who had the balloon.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Um...hi?" He's...strange.

"Hi."

"If you say 'Hi' again, I'm going to take that sign out of your hand, and beat you with it repetitively."

"Hello." Well, he got me there.

"Can you not say anything else?"

"Hi." I guess he's trying to tell me something.

"Can you write it down?" He remained silent and shook his head.

"Well, what can you do?"

He blinked, and the lights flickered. He laughed a little and did something with hus wrist. The lights went out, then came back on.

"Well, how does that help?"

I felt a click inside of me, and I heard a voice in my head.

"Can you hear me?" It said. It was the voice of a little boy.

I nodded.

"There's something I need to tell you."

The radio static came out of my mouth. Dang it, not again.

"There's a reason for that static." It said.

"Yeah, I know. My voice box is broken."

"No, there's something else. There's...a message."

I wondered what he was talking about. The static came out of my mouth again, and I listened closely.

I heard something. It was like a voice.

All I could hear was, "They're gone" and "The characters...blood...dead". And a gunshot.