Chapter 48

I ran all over the empty until I got to where I needed to be. The prize room.

I put Maddie down and flipped open the top of the giant present. It was empty.

Where is he?

I started to panic.

It's me...

I heard a voice whisper in my head.

I turned around and saw him. The only one who could save Maddie. The puppet.

"Please, save Maddie. I can't lose her. I just can't."

"You can't."

"No, I can't."

He slowly began to rise from the ground until he was about a foot in the air.

"Ssss...Aaaa....Vvvv..." He said while floating closer to Maddie.

The puppet reached down and lightly touched her chest.

"Eeee...Tttt...Hhhh..."

He moved back a little bit.

"Eeee...Mmmm..."

I realized that he spelled out "Save Them". What does he mean by "them"?

The puppet floated away. I tried to follow him, but it seemed like I was glued to the floor.

He came back with a present floating above his hands.

The present slowly started to open on its own. The red ribbons untied and fell to the ground, where they disintegrated into a thin white smoke. The wrapping paper did the same.

The whole present was stripped off until there was nothing left except a yellow Freddy suit.

It reminded me of the kids. How they were killed by a man wearing a yellow Freddy suit. And a mysterious figure...

I realized what the puppet was about to do.

"That's the only way?" I asked.

He didn't move.

I knew that that was her only chance. I had to do anything to save Maddie.

You can't...