Chapter 22

I froze in shock from the realization. I suddenly remembered Bonnie and Chica making moaning noises sometimes. And the time I saw Freddy with a little dry red liquid by his nose.

"So, there are actually kids inside of us?" Bonnie asked.

I nodded and all of them went silent.

"But, how can we trust Foxy? He's probably wrong like always." Chica said, clearly in denial.

It made me mad that anyone would even consider that. But, hey, what can I expect by these guys?

"I know I'm right. After all, why else would you like stuffing people into costumes?"

"He has a point." Freddy said. Finally, he actually agrees with me.

Then, the scene with the children played in my head. A guy who used to be a security guard was wearing a purple suit. He went into the closet, and wore a yellow suit. He brought some kids to a closet and they were never seen again.

I had thought the suit was a new Freddy that was replacing the old one. I never knew what really happened. And I've always blamed myself for their deaths.

I guess that's why we've always killed the security guard. And I thought I was just mad at them...

The bell rang for 6:00 a.m., and I ran back to Pirates Cove.

So, am I being haunted?

Freddy and his friends played their song as usual. But something was different.

They're probably just surprised from finding out about the kids.

At that moment, another question rang in my head.

If there were five children and there are four of us, where did the last one go?

I thought it might be in the yellow suit, but I realized that it was used to kill the children.

Maybe the purple man, as I call him, put the child in the suit after he used it.

I kept wondering about the man and what happened until Maddie came in.

"Hi Foxy. I'm ready to play."

"Great. Let's play."

She put on her eyepatch and pointed her sword at me. I grabbed mine and started to play with her.

"Walk the plank!" I said.

"Never!" Maddie yelled back.

She charged towards me and tripped.

"Maddie. Are you okay?" I said, running towards her.

"I'm okay. I just tripped."

I looked at Maddie's leg. I rolled up her pants and looked at the bandages. They were clean.

Mike must be changing it everyday. He'd be a good doctor.

I was calm until I noticed that she was in pain. I could see it in her eyes. I also saw a little blood starting to soak through the bandages.

Damn, the fall must have opened the wounds. I should have been more careful.

I gave her a hug to make her feel better.

"It'll be okay. Talk to Mike later. For now, you should rest."

"Okay. Thank you Foxy." Maddie hugged me back.

When she let go, I began to sing my song to her. I hadn't sung it since '87.

At the same time, I rubbed her leg, hoping it would help. When she understood the melody, she began to hum along to the song.

Right when I had finished the song, a man came in. The manager.

He heard us singing, didn't he?

He glared at me, then looked at Maddie and gasped.

"Why Foxy? Why do you like hurting children?" He said while picking up Maddie.

"I didn't hurt her."

"It's true." Maddie said. "Foxy never hurt me. Freddy did this."

"Sure. I know you love Foxy. And that you want to keep playing with him. But he's dangerous."

He left the room with Maddie in his arms.

I guess I can't have friends...