1

Janiya

Hey everybody, my name is Janiya Morgan

Hey everybody, my name is Janiya Morgan. I'm 16 years old, and I'm in junior at Quantum High School, which is at Boynton Beach, FL, which is that where I was born and raised. I used to go to Boynton Beach Community High School, which is the biggest hellhole of West Palm Beach County until in the middle of my 9th grade years when my mom pulled me out of that ratchet school, which thank god.

Not only I went to the worst school in the Tressure Coast, but my mom and I were in an abusive situation, which is my alcoholic father, who always beat my mom and abused me verbally. He used to call me a "porky," " fat ass," "whore," and all the hurtful words he said to me. We were the decent family until my dad got fired from his job for his drinking habits. The abuse got so bad where my mom packed her things and get us out of there before something worst happen to us.

Now we just moved to the hood part of Boynton Beach since last night after I got out of the abusive relationship and stayed with my aunt for a night since its only the weekend. It's may not be the best neighborhood, but it's all that we can afford, but at least I will still be going to the same school like I been going to since in the middle of 9th grade.

While I'm unpacking my things, I heard my mom yelled down the hallway.
"Niya, I'm about to stop by Checkers to get some food," My mom yelled.
"Okay, mom," I said, folding up my pants and put them in the dresser. Yes, my family called me Niya for short. We may be weak, but I love my mom unconditionally, no matter how much money she makes.

After I finished unpacking my things since I been doing it all day, I sat down on my bed and continue writing poetry about heartbreaks and trust issues, which is I did it last night at my aunt guests room. Yes, I always love writing poetry along with playing with the instrument because it helped me through my depression. I know you are asking can I sing, well no, it's terrible since I tried to sing, but my singing voice sucks.

My rap skills are decent, but I suck at singing. I continue written poems until I heard my mom calling my name.
"Niya, time to eat," She said.
"I'm coming," I said, putting the cap on my green pen and got my food. My mom gave me the medium Buffalo boneless wings, loaded fries, and some Minute Maid lemonade as I sat down and ate my dinner since I didn't eat anything all day but that cereal bars that my aunt gave me while I'm taking a break.

While we were eating dinner, my mom starts asking me.
"You know we're going grocery shopping tomorrow, right?" She asked since she gets medical and food stamps once a month.
"Yes, mom," I said as I am taking a bite of the boneless chicken. My mom is working in the hotel room as a housekeeper because she doesn't want to always rely on welfare nor food stamps so she can just take care of me.

She may not make a lot of money, but at least she not your typical hood mom who relied on welfare and food stamps just to take care of their kids. When I'm done eating the dinner, I throw my trash away and go back to my room to write some more since its nothing on TV right now.