11

Kara's P.O.V

I woke up slowly, aware of the soreness in my muscles, especially in my abdomen. It took a second for my mind to catch up, but I soon remembered the reason for why I was so sore.

I glanced around the room, relaxing when I saw Taehyung across the room with his back to me, slowly swaying from side-to-side. I smiled when I heard the soft words he was speaking.

"..my little baby.., you're so cute.."

The baby in his arms made a quiet noise and Taehyung gently shushed him.

"I know, don't worry. You'll see mommy soon too, she need to rest for a while "

He gave a soft laugh, shaking his head.

"I can't believe you're here. I've been waiting for you for so long."

Tears came to my eyes at that, and I gave a soft sniffle causing Taehyung to glance over his shoulder, a wide smile on his lips.

"you're awake."

I nodded, shifting in the bed and wincing. He stepped closer to me, moving the baby to his shoulder and patting his bottom.

"You okay? ,Sore. I think !"

I nodded, smiling when I held out my hands. Taehyung moved the baby into my arms and I looked down at him, at his dark eyes that were searching my face.

"Hi! , baby boy"

I cradled the baby in my arms, unable to take my eyes from him. he settled against me, wrapped up in a blanket, a yellow hat covering his dark hair.

Taehyung sat beside me, hand coming to rest on mine under the baby's back, and my heart gave a twinge when the hospital bracelet around his wrist brushed against my fingers with my name and "Baby boy kim" written on it, and the pure delight that had lit up his face was almost more than I could bear.

Taehyung pressed his lips to my cheek, resting his cheek against mine as the two of us stared down at our son. Taehyung shook his head, speaking softly.

"It feels so unreal."

" I know"

Taehyung smiled, bending to gently kiss his head.

"he's so beautiful. he's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. No offense."

I chuckled softly as Taehyung kissed my temple and my eyes drifted closed. I leaned into him and stared down at my baby.

"I think the name is perfect."

"Me too."

"I can't wait to tell them."

I giggled, moving a hand to roll a finger down my son chubby cheek. Taehyung kissed my cheek, taking in a breath. he squeezed me closer to his side, both of us cooing softly when the baby stretched and whimpered. I gently patted him bottom and he settled down, and I smiled.

"There we go."

I kept that gentle smile on my lips when he moved to sit across from me. I looked at him, and he studied me, not saying anything for a few moments before he shook his head.

"I love you so much."

My hormones were raging, sending me on an emotional rollercoaster, I smiled trying to stop my tears from falling.

"I love you "

Taehyung smiled, reaching out to lay his hand over the baby's torso.

"God, he's so tiny."