~ Chapter 17 ~

"We're going on a what?" questioned Y/N.

"We're going on a patrol. A hero patrol." Ryuko said.

"But what about my limit training?"

"We'll do that tomorrow. I want you to experience when it comes to keep an eye on villains and dangers that will cause trouble for the citizens." Ryuko explained. "I also got a call that they need help in Hosu City."

Y/N tensed at that part as she remembered that's where Tenya is when she was with him. Her gut told her something bad will happen and she's going to find out.

"...Okay." Y/N nodded and got her costume on and faced her.

"Let's go." Ryuko said, patting her head and they both walked out of the agency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They are now in the train as they head towards Hosu City. Ryuko explained to her that there are villains coming out during the night and it would be easy for Y/N to get an experience. As they were sitting down, Y/N suddenly feel eyes on her. And she didn't like it. She turned to see a fairly tall, pale young man of a slim, somewhat-lanky build, described to be in his early twenties. He has longish, black hair that spikes up around his head, hanging low over his eyes, which are thin, turquoise in color, and heavily lidded. His most striking features, however, are undoubtedly the patches of gnarled, wrinkled, purple skin that cover much of his lower face and neck, all the way down past his collarbone, below his eyes and on his arms. These appear to be attached to the rest of his skin by multiple, crude surgical staples or hoop piercings, making it impossible to tell if these scars were accidental or self-inflicted. He gave her the look that looks like he's after his prey and his eyes are filled with bordem, but with mysterious secrets he rather keep. Y/N looked at him in confusion as to ask him if there's a problem, but he just gave her the tinge of smirk and looked away.

Strange. Y/N shrugged it off and laid her head against the seat. By the time train had stopped, they have reached their destination to Hosu City. She looked back at the man only to see him gone. She raised her eyebrow in confusion and went out of the bus along with Ryuko. You looked around to see it's dark already. Just as you both stepped out of the bus, the rather familiar scent alarmed you.

"Ryuko! Get down!!" she shouted, pulling her down.

A loud thump was heard along with the high pitched cry. Everyone screamed in horror and ran away from the train station. Y/N looked up to see the Nomu, but with different color skin and it had wings.

"Another Nomu?!!" she yelled.

Ryuko got up and quickly changed into the dragon along with you changing into Indoraptor. Ryuko pinned it down with her claws. Y/N jumped over her and clawed the brain of the Nomu, pierce it, and bit it down hard with her sharp teeth, cracked it's neck, and pulled the neck out until it stopped moving. You took a look at your surrounding to see chaos the city had been thrown into. The city was releasing puff of pitch black smoke, fierce fires scattered wildly along the buildings and explosions going off on occassion just to top it off.

"What the heck is going on?" Y/N said, changing back into a human.

"Y/N!" Ryuko called, pointing something behind you.

Y/N turn around to see another Nomu tearing down the train, scaring the citizens. You quickly jumped and wrapped your arms around the Nomu's neck. It yelled, trying to get you off as they both spun around. Nomu removed the claws from the train. Ryuko brought everyone out of the train to get them to safety.

Y/N brought out her claws and stabbed the Nomu on it's exposed brain. It screamed in pain and you twisted it and sliced the neck off of its body before it collapsed. The thud was heard of the body hitting the ground with a rough landing.