~ Chapter 21 ~

"Perfect! I feel right at home in a noisy hangout like this! Right, Bakugo?"

"If you say so."

"It's not that bad."

After fleeing the library and comforting the crying child, Eijiro, Katsuki, and Y/N had taken refuge at the diner in front of the station. Sunday afternoon was past peak business hours, but the place was still packed with customers. Conversations filled the air, so the trio didn't stand out so much in this crowd. A waitress walked over and asked for their order.

"The serve-yourself drink bar, with unlimited refills! For all of us!" Eijiro answered cheerily.

"Your treat, right?" Katsuki questioned, who was slumped down in the booth.

"You bet! Long as you take this tutoring seriously like Y/N!"

Y/N smirked with pride and Katsuki glared at her.

"You think I can be bought with a few drinks? As if."

"The drinks are just over there you guys." the waitress said with a service industry smile.

She left, and Eijiro shot up.

"I'll get the drinks."

"Are you sure, Eijiro? Don't want you to spend." Y/N asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. Don't worry. So, what're you having?" he said turning to Katsuki.

"Cola." Katsuki replied.

"Y/N?"

"Hm... Apple Tea. Tell them if they have a cold one."

"You got it!" Eijiro said, heading for the drinking bar.

Y/N and Katsuki stayed there in silent when another customer spotted Katsuki and walked over.

"If it ain't Katsuki!"

"Huh?" Y/N tilted her head in confusion to face them.

She saw two other boys - one with black hair rife with cowlicks and another with long hair parted down the center. They started chatting with Katsuki as if they knew him.

"Never thought we'd run into you here, man."

"Hey, we saw you in action at the Sports Festival!"

"Ugh, just shut up already!"

"Do you know them, Katsuki? Are they friends of yours?" Y/N asked, catching the boys' attention.

"Woah! You're the girl that beat up, Katsuki!" Cowlicks boy said, making Katsuki growl. "You're pretty cool out there!"

"Wow. She's a hottie. You're the Dinosaur Whisperer, right? Nice to meet you!" Center Part said.

"Nice to meet you guys as well." Y/N said.

"What's going on here? Friends of yours, Bakugo?" Eijiro asked, coming back with the drinks as he noticed the two boys.

"Oh, another U.A. kid." Center Part said.

"Yeah, we hung out back in middle school. Now hurry back to your own table, you two." Katsuki spat bluntly.

"Oof. Icy cold, man."

The pair reluctantly stood up to leave, but the grinning Eijiro had other ideas. Even though he's against of having the boys check Y/N out, he'll keep an eye on them.

"Naw, sit back down, guys!"

"Yeah. It's rude enough to get to know Katsuki's old friends." Y/N said.