Chapter 3 ~ Back to the Orphanage

~ Ali's POV ~

I was taken downstairs on Alex's hip to be greeted by an absolutely wonderful house! It was so big I couldn't see the end!

We walked into what seemed like a kitchen and he placed me into an adult sized high chair. He buckled me in, meaning I couldn't escape. He walked away to the counter and began making something.

I was still really scared so I curled up as small as I could and whimpered. Alex looked round and came over.

"Hey, what's up little one?" He asked stroking my cheek. I put my thumb in my mouth and looked down. He then got up and went to the cupboard and got something out.

"Would you like some Nutella?" He asked. Did he just say Nutella?

"NUTELLA??!!" I squealed, smiling with joy. He came over laughing with the jar of Nutella.

"Ooh! Someone likes Nutella!" He smiled as he went over to the counter and spread it onto some toast.

Is he seriously going to let me have Nutella?! I love Nutella so much! I've had it once and fell in love with it, but matron said if she ever caught me eating it again, she would practically kill me. I was so excited, waving my legs up and down, bouncing in the high chair.

Alex came over and placed the Nutella toast in front of me.

"Thank you!" I squealed, as I dug in. I ate it, but slowly avoiding getting indigestion.

When I had finished he took my plate away and he came back over to me.

"So Princess, what would you like to do today?" Alex asked me. I didn't know, and was still quite scared so just looked down and sucked my thumb.

"You okay?" He asked lifting my chin up with his hands. I shook my head. He sat on the table and held my hands.

"You can tell me anything baby-girl, daddy won't be mad." He said to me. I really felt I could tell him anything. But then I thought, I have only known him 20mins, but then again, who else was I going to tell?

"Well, matron said to me, if I ever escaped or ran during the night and didn't come back, she would eventually find me and hurt me, I'm scared." I said, looking down, curled up and sucking my thumb.

"Princess I didn't know, I'm so sorry, I will take you to the orphanage and I will ask her to adopt you, then you won't ever have to worry again, thank you for telling me Princess." He smiled at me. I looked up at him with my thumb in my mouth and gave a small smile.

I was starting to like him and trust him, but I wasn't going to go all out straight away. He then picked me up out of the high chair and he led me to the car outside. He bucked me in the car seat and he got in himself. He then drove off.

I thought on the way, what matron might do, was she going to hurt me? I was getting scared so I starting crying softly. I then looked up and saw the orphanage come into view. I started whimpering and crying more as Alex stopped the car. He came round my side and opened the car door, to see me a whimpering and crying mess.

"Hey princess, it's okay, daddy will protect you, she can't hurt you if I'm here, it's okay." He stroked my forehead as I looked up at him with my thumb in my mouth. He then unbuckled me and picked me up. He walked with me on his hip to the front door of the orphanage and pressed the door bell.

I was panicking, but Alex saw and rocked me gently. When the door swung open, I saw matron and as soon as she saw me, her eyes were filled with furry.

"Oh Hello there, ah you found Ali thank you I'll take her from here." Matron said reaching for my hand, but Alex pulled me away from her. I whimpered, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Um, sorry my name is Alex and I am here on behalf of adopting young Ali here." Alex said as he rocked me gently.

"Adopt her? You really sure about that?" Matron said.

"I am very sure Madame, can I get this done as soon as possible?" He asked.

"Well, yes come this way." The matron called and he followed her inside with me on his hip. We walked to the private room and Alex sat me on his lap.

"So, are you really sure you want to adopt this cr- I mean girl?" Matron said covering her mouth.

"What were you going to say?" Alex asked leaning forward.

"Oh nothing, just sign this sheet, a few past questions." She said, passing him the sheet and a pen. He filled the sheet in before passing it back to matron.

"Right, that's all sorted, her room is top of the stairs on the left, to pack her stuff." Matron said standing up. Alex stood up holding my hand.

"But wait." Matron said calling us back before we left the room.

"Don't you want to say bye to me Ali? Come give me a hug!" Matron said, pulling her arms out. I whimpered and shook my head. Her eyes looked angry.

"Ali, hug me." She called out coming closer. I didn't trust her and felt really scared. She came closer and before she could touch me, Alex scooped me in his arms and held me firmly. I rested my head on his shoulder and sucked me thumb.

"I'll take it from here thank you, it was nice meeting you." He said carrying me out the room. He took my upstairs to my room, and placed me on my bed. He began packing my things.

"Thank you." I said sweetly looking down. He came over to me and crouched down.

"Anything for you baby-girl, I told you I wouldn't let her hurt you." He smiled and me and I smiled at him. He began packing my things when I picked up my lion stuffy. I hugged it and smiled. Alex looked round and smiled.

"Who's this little one?" He asked stroking my lion.

"This is Ra Ra, my lion." I said hugging him close to my chest. He smiled as he picked me up. He carried me and my stuff out the room and downstairs. There is usually people saying bye when someone is fostered or adopted, but no one was there for me. Alex took me to the car and buckled me in, kissing me on my forehead. He then got into the car and drove off.

I was so happy to get away from the orphanage. I stroked Ra Ra.

"Ra Ra, we are out of there! We are never going back there." I whispered to him. I imagined him speaking to me, like I always do.

When we arrived at home, Alex got me and my stuff out of the car and carried me inside.

I was so happy I had a new life.

Hey guys
Hope your all doing okay. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please leave some suggestions for a mention. Don't forget to go vote. Have a great day.
Stay at home
Save lives
Social distance.