Chapter 44 ~ Where would he be?

~ Ali's POV ~

It had been a while and I was still lying on Lloyd. He was twirling my hair and rubbing my back and I was cuddled up close to him.

"Where's Alex then?" I sadly asked. He just sighed.

"I'm really not sure Ali.." He said.

"The police are looking for him, John the paramedic contacted them." I said.

"I'm sorry, I bet I scared you so much." He sadly said.

"You scared me so much, but that wasn't your fault." I said. He hugged me tighter. Just then a doctor came in smiling.

"Hello there Lloyd, Ali. We have 2 bits of good news. The first bit is you guys are good to go home now if you like." She smiled.

"That's great, thank you so much." Lloyd smiled.

"We have also, tracked down young Alex Jones." She said. I sat up alerted.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, he was seen at the surfing beach." She smiled.

I looked at Lloyd with wide eyes. He smiled at me.

"They are keeping a close eye on him but they said they overheard him saying he was going to get his last surf in before he.." the lady stopped.

I knew Lloyd understood. He flung the hospital covers off him and helped me stand up.

"We can take you there if that's what you guys want?" She asked.

"Yes please." Lloyd smiled. Lloyd stood up and found his feet. He hugged me and we then followed the lady out the room.

We both entered a hospital car and another lady got int he driver seat.

"So we are taking you guys to surfers beach, it will be about a 20minute drive." She said. Lloyd nodded.

"Thank you so much." He smiled.

The lady started to drive.

It felt like such a long drive as I knew we needed to get there before Alex.. you know...don't make me think about it!

We arrived 20minutes later and Lloyd got out the car. I came round to him and before the lady could stop us, Lloyd picked me up and ran with me in his arms all the way down the hill towards the sea.

Lloyd then ran past a surf board shop and grabbed a board, not caring he just stole it.

He ran as fast as he could as I saw a silhouette surfing on the waves.

I knew who he was.

Lloyd ran as fast as he could with me in his arms which was quite fast impressively.

He placed me on the surf board and started paddling out to sea as fast as he could. The silhouette was getting further out to sea. I then knew he was going to be gone if we didn't hurry.

Lloyd paddled as fast as he could. We weren't going fast enough and he kept getting further away.

I gave Lloyd a hand, paddling with all the strength from my arms. We were catching up with him. We were a long way away from him but level with him. There was a big wave.

Lloyd then turned the board so it was sideways, towards the silhouette. The wave came and the board travelled at lightening speed. Lloyd stood up, picking me up swiftly and setting me on his hip.

He bent his legs and we were catching up with him.

We got closer to the silhouette and they turned around.

"ALEX!" Lloyd and I screamed. He looked at us before he was about to jump into the wave.

"ALI!" He screamed.

He then turned his board around and surfed the wave. We were so focused on getting back to shore.

We got back after a few seconds and Lloyd and I fell to the floor, on the sand.

Alex came in on his board with tears streaming down his face.

Lloyd then stood up protectively. Alex stepped off his board and stood a distance between us.

"Ali.." he whispered.

"Alex..." I whispered. But Lloyd stood in front of me.

"I though you was dead." Lloyd said.

"I was about to be." Alex said.

"Why would you do that to her." Lloyd asked. "Die and she would never see you again?"

"She was gone, I didn't think she would come back." Alex looked down.

"You should have known she would have come back Alex." Lloyd said.

"I know." Alex said.

I wanted to hug Alex so badly, but would Lloyd get cross.

I tugged on Lloyds shirt and he crouched down.

"I wanna hug him." I whispered. He just put his hand out and stopped me.

"What did she say?" Alex asked.

"She wants to hug you." Lloyd said. Alex gasped quietly.

"Why don't you let her then?" Alex asked.

"Remember what you said? 'I won't be able to control my anger when I find her.'" Lloyd said.

Alex just looked down. I knew he realised.

"I can't believe I said that." He cried.

"It's not up to me to forgive you." Lloyd said. "It's Ali decision."

Lloyd moved out the way and I stared at Alex. He crouched down and me sitting on the floor and I stared at him. Don't ask how I ended up on the floor.

"Ali, I'm so sorry for what I have said and done to you. I couldn't be more sorry in my whole life." He cried.

"Do I really annoy the crap out of you?" I asked. He gasped and a tear escaped his eye.

"You heard that?" He asked.

I nodded starting to cry....

Hey guys,
That's the end of this little burst of chapters FOR TODAY! I need to eat so I don't starve as I've been writing for about 3 hours now 😂 Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Leave some suggestions in the comments for future chapters. Don't forget to vote. Have a great day!
Don't forget to Social Distance! :)