Chapter 18 ~ Believe me

~ Ali's POV ~

I woke up, as the memories from the day before came flooding back into my head. I sat up groaning and stretching as I reached for Ra Ra. I heard thumping footsteps come up the stairs, and I saw my bedroom door open. Amy marched in and opened my curtains.

"Right come on, time to get up." She moaned picking me up and putting me on the table. She changed and dressed me into a footie onesie and took me downstairs. She placed me in the highchair and I was praying for food. I saw her come back with milk in my bottle.

"Right, after yesterday, I aint having you messing up the floor again, so I will be nice and let you drink from your bottle." She said, chucking my bottle towards me. I put it in my mouth and began suckling. It was cold but better than nothing.

"Also, that's the only drink you are getting all day." She said turning round. I immediately stopped and just held it hoping I would get something to eat.

"If your hoping for some food, Its not happening." She said laughing as she then got me out the highchair. She carried me, with my bottle in my hand to where the pen was and opened the door. She placed me and she began to walk out. As she was walking out I made a break for it and tried to get out the door, but I was too late, she locked the door tight.

"Na ah, stay here or else." She said, as she drew a finger across her neck. She then left the house. I sat down crying, wanting to feel comfort, and warmth. Daddy shouted at me last night. Daddy, Shout? He wouldn't ever do that to me. He must have really thought I was joking. I needed to tell him, but he wouldn't believe me.

I laid on the floor, staring up at the ceiling, thinking.

~ 6 hours later ~

I must have been in real thought because when I snapped out of it I had an idea! I needed to phone Lloyd and tell him to come over, he would see me in this and he would tell Daddy. Daddy would believe Lloyd! There were two problems though. one I was stuck in this thing and two I wasn't aloud to use the phone unless it was a real emergency. I thought this is a real emergency!

I looked over to the house phone on the table next to the phone number book. I couldn't reach from the pen I was in. I needed to try and open the door somehow.
I then remembered how Amy folded it back up! All I needed to do was reach round and pull back the flap!

I reached as far as I could around the bars. It was starting to hurt but I carried on, knowing this was my only way out. I stretched and strained and stretched and strained until I finally got hold of the flap! I pulled it back and it all folded up!

I had done it! I crawled over to the phone and phone book and reached up onto the desk. I got hold of the phone and book and brought it down. I flicked through the book and found Lloyd's number. I dialled it into the phone as fast as I could and put it to my ear. Lloyd answers in seconds.

"Hello?" Lloyd asked.
"Woyd?" I asked shyly.
"Oh hey little one! How's it going?"
"Woyd Pwease I need hewp!! Amy twapped mwe, and mwe nungwy, Pwease Woyd come!" I managed to get down the phone.
"I'm on my way." Lloyd said determinedly. I hung up and hurried back to the cage and folded it back out again.

I sat and waited patiently until I heard the door open! Someone came in and came over to me. I looked up and saw Amy!

"Hello, my appointment finished early so I thought I would come back and see if you struggling!" She laughed. I frowned and thought. This plan was not going to work!

I then heard a knock at the door. Amy went to answer it and when she opened the door I heard voices.

"Oh hey Amy!" Lloyd said.
"Hello Lloyd." She said.
"You good?"
"Yeah, I'm alright, what about you?"
"Yep I'm alright, Alex asked me to come over and check on Ali, as I passed him in the street and he said his phone had run out of charge."
"He did?" Amy said, getting quite nervous.
"Yeah, so can I come in?"
"Um, well can you wait a minute, she is.....asleep."
"Ha, that's okay as long as I know she is okay she can be asleep."
"Well, I can't let you in right now."
"Why now? Me and Alex both bought this house together. I think I can come in a house that I helped buy."
"But I say no."
"What have you got hiding in there?"
"Nothing."