Chapter 42 ~ Lloyd?

~ Ali's POV ~

"Ali?" I heard. My eyes widened and my heart stopped for a split second. I turned my head round and felt my whole world just slow down. I blinked so my eyes focused.

It was him...

I didn't want to say anything I just rose from where I was sitting slowly and just kept low.

He came closer and I held my hand out for his to stop. I felt really scared for some reason.

I just went behind the bench and cowered down there.

"Ali..." He quietly said. I looked down. I was starting to slip back into little headspace.

"Can we talk?" He asked crouching down.

I knew I shouldn't but I knew I would regret it, if I just walked away now.

I nodded my head standing up. I looked at Adri and came round and she stood up. I hugged her tightly before she pulled away and walked away somewhere. She wanted to give us some space.

I sat on the bench but as far away from him as possible. He knew I wanted space so he sat on the other end of the bench.

"I bet you cross." I said looking down.

"No...Im not cross." He said.

"Lloyd I ran away, aren't you even a bit mad?" I asked. I felt him flinch at me calling him Lloyd.

"Not even a bit." He said.

"Alex is probably mad..." I said. I saw in the corner of my eye, Lloyd look down and cover his face with his hand.

"Lloyd.." I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"I left him..." He said. I looked on in the most shock I have ever had. I covered my mouth with my hand and my tears fell out my eyes uncontrollably.

"L..l..left h..him?" I stuttered. I slapped my other hand on my forehead. "T..this is a..all my f..f...fault." I started crying.

He didn't come closer to me, he just stayed. I liked that.

"Ali, none of this is your fault, it's our fault." He said.

"How can this be your fault? I lost Alex, not you." I cried.

"Ali, it was our fault, I know everything, I know why your upset." He said. My eyes bolted to him and stared at him.

"Y..you know?" I stuttered. He nodded. "H..How?" I asked.

"I can't tell you, but I know why you ran." He said. There were 2 reasons but I guess he knew one.

"I..it's not like that." I said crying more.

"Ali, from the bottom of my heart I am so so sorry for how we have been treating you. We should have known so much better and we should have asked you before taking you to Physiology." He said. I felt really bad, as he felt guilty.

"It's okay Lloyd, I understand." I said.

"You do?" He asked.

"Mhm. I still love you and Alex." I said. He looked at me shocked.

"I'm not letting you see Alex again." He said. My heart shattered.

"Why?" I sobbed.

"I don't know what he is capable of..." he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He could hurt you Ali..." He said. Alex would never... would he?

"Alex...He would never.." I stuttered.

"When we fell out... he said he wouldn't be able to control his anger when he found you." He said. I looked down crying again.

"I..I never told you...but when..you know..I threw water on you guys. I overheard him say 'Sometimes she annoys the crap out of me.' Lloyd looked at me with a shocked and angry face. He clenched his fist.

"He said that?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm not allowing you anywhere near you again Ali. He's dangerous now." He said. My heart broke into thousands of pieces.

"Don't do this Lloyd please." I sobbed.

"I will keep you safe Ali, I'd you come with me.. He could find you but if I'm with you, nothing will happen." He said getting up.

"Lloyd I'm not blocking him out my life... I love him as well." I said. He crouched down in front of me.

"I want you to have a proper family Ali...Alex isn't the answer to this." He said.

"He is-"

"Ali, you are forbidden to see him." He said.

"You can't make my choices for me.." I said. He backed off a bit.

"I know but, it's to protect you." He said.

"If you won't let me see him again, I'm not coming back, I will run away and never come back until I can see him." I said.

He backed off knowing there was nothing more he could do.

"If you want to see him, you can but I will stand in front of you the whole time and will always be there." He said. That was an okay deal.

"Agreed." He said. He took my hand I shook it.

"Come on then." He said. I stood up and took his hand.

I saw Adri come over.

"Adri.." I smiled. She hugged me and smiled.

"Hello, I'm Adri." She smiled at Alex.

"Hello Adri, I'm Lloyd." He smiled.

"I'll be back, I'm going to see Alex." I said. She hugged me, I felt a tear roll down her cheek.

"Be brave Ali, never give up." She smiled.

I nodded letting go of her and taking Lloyds hand again.

I waved goodbye till I could no longer see her.

"Lloyd, I'm sorry I ran.. really I am." I looked down. He stopped and crouched down.

"None of this was your fault Ali. Don't blame yourself for this." He said. I nodded. I then hugged him. I had missed this. His warm arms made me feel so safe. I missed being carried by him.

He took my hand again and stood up.

I walked by him.

We are coming Alex.

Hey guys,
Hope you are enjoying a big burst of chapters! I am! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Leave some suggestions for future chapters! Don't forget to vote. Have a great day!
Don't forget to Social Distance! :)