Part 74

Katleho

*******

I forced David to leave, even though it was hard but in the end, he left. I went to sleep, it was tossing and turning night, I couldn't have a peaceful sleep when I think of my daughter. I just prayed for change in her state. It is the following day, I woke up and took a bath. My journey is to go to the hospital. It seems like it's gonna be my daily routine. Germain was riding with me, its been three days of him not going home. He has been neglecting his phone since the day he found me crying. We reached the hospital, We went to see her. There is no change, her state is still the same. We found a boy, he seems to be around 26, 27 he was sitting right beside Precious's bed. he seemed disturbed, I never saw him before. I whispered to Germain.

Katleho: Who is he?
Germain: I don't understand what he wants here, isn't it one of those boyfriends?
Katleho:( our whispering caught his attention) hello young man
Desmond: Hello, you should be Katleho and Germain.
Katleho: ( I nodded firstly with my head before I
say a word) and you are?
Desmond: Desmond, I am Precious's friend, I am truly sorry about your daughter, it breaks my heart to see her at this state.
Germain: Who let you in, you are not supposed to be here.
Desmond: I am sorry but I care about her just as much as you do, I am really concerned about her and it shatters my heart to see her laying on this bed hopelessly, please don't shut me down I am hoping to be there for her like I promised her.
Germain: We need some time with her.
Desmond: Okay, I believe I will come back tomorrow.
katleho:( he went out) Strict father huh?
Germain: He shouldn't be here.
Katleho: He truly loves her, taking that risk and willing to support her daily.

Lerato

*******

I didn't exit this room, I have countless Absence at school, I am losing my self, It is Precious and when I needed him the most he decided to leave me behind. I still can't believe he is gone. I know I was kinda in an abusive relationship with him but it doesn't mean I didn't love him. I loved him daily, I am used to his morning text. his sweet messages, I have been staring at this phone hoping for his message to pop in. I am used to how he touches me, how he kisses me, how he makes love to me, and how he would spoil me as a reminder of how much he loves me. I won't get all those moments, He is gone forever. Heaven couldn't wait for him. How do you expect me to live without you? If it's about living without you then I can't take it, I won't live without you. I said that glancing at the small table that had a glass of water and a container that is filled with pills, tearing. I heard a knock then the door opened. it was my mother. I tried harder to clear my face to hide that I have been crying but I didn't succeed as everything happened so fast.

Mother: Lerato, I heard rumors that say you had a thing going with the guy who got shot.
Lerato: Are you here to lecture me on who I should date or who I shouldn't date?
Mother: I don't like the fact that he was older than you but it doesn't matter anymore because he's no longer alive.
Lerato: Ohw( she saw the pills on the table)
Mother: And then what are those pills for, have you been crying?
Lerato: I am having a headache ( she took a seat next to me)
Mother: I remember the day your father died, I was so lonely. I was so broken, I had no reason to live, but when I thought of taking my life, I thought about you, you were only 5. I thought of how his death broke me down, I thought about how will my death be to my family. how will my mother feel about losing me? I couldn't imagine her, it has broken my heart just to think of it, there is no room in heaven for people who steal their lives away, God provided life as a gift to you. committing suicide is a sin. he is the one who provides and he should be the one who takes. This is not the end of your world, you will still see God's favor in you. your blessings are still to come. Just cry and allow yourself to live with this pain, time will heal you.

Katleho

*********

Germain was out to buy lunch, As I was sitting in the waiting area. The time for visitors was over. It didn't take him a while to come back with food, As we were still eating the Doctor came to us telling us that Precious is unstable, they are trying harder to stabilize her. I was so scared, that I just started crying.

Germain: He will be okay to be strong for her.
Katleho: I am scared Germain, what if we lose her!!! ( I said that tearing)
Germain: It's gonna be fine, she will be okay

Daniel

******

I have heard about Precious, I have been thinking about Katleho, she should be stressed, dealing with Divorce and Precious Situation, I could feel for her and I regret that I am also causing her stress. I decided to check up on Precious. I went to the hospital but when I get there I found Katleho and Germain in the waiting area hugging, just to see that I couldn't continue with the Journey, I just returned back to our house. And again I found a male jacket on the couch, it seems like Katleho is enjoying her freedom. I took my staff and leave. before I could go home, I went to Juliet's house

Juliet: What a surprise, I never thought I will see you
Daniel: I thought I should check up on you, how are you holding up?
Juliet: It's a mess, now that my friend is dead.
Daniel: I am sorry about your friend
Juliet: I will be fine
Daniel: I was thinking, How about we take a vacation?
Juliet: Umh Daniel, I think katleho needs you right now.
Daniel: No she doesn't want me, she is getting enough support, believe me
Juliet: In that case, I can't say no to a few days away
Daniel: I really need this to clear my mind, I believe for my returning, I will be a new person
Juliet: You still find it hard to live with the divorce thing?
Daniel: After what I have witnessed today, I doubt I will still find it hard to accept
Juliet: What did you witness?
Daniel: It doesn't matter anymore
Juliet: Okay, let me get you a cup of coffee as we will be talking about the vacation
Daniel: Good thought

Katleho

******

We went back to my place after a long day, I was surprised to see Germain holding a plastic that seemed to have clothes inside.

Katleho: Germain you holding clothes?
Germain: Yes, I won't be wearing the same clothes again tomorrow
Katleho: You don't have to wear the same clothes tomorrow because you are going home.
Germain: Come on, I will leave tomorrow.
Katleho: When last did you talk with your Wife, Germain your phone is even off
Germain: You mean my Girlfriend, I have a lot in my plate that took my attention, I don't want unnecessary fights
Katleho: I won't blame her, its been three days now, Germain I know you concerned about me but there are people who are in need of you, don't shut them down they need you, I will be fine
Germain: I won't argue with you, the way you keep on breaking down
Katleho: I will be okay
Germain: You promise
Katleho: I promise
Germain: Okay but am not leaving today, I will leave tomorrow