•74

Aryanna

It was now the beginning of April and things were going great

It was now the beginning of April and things were going great. My gym had finally opened thanks to my wonderful brothers and business was booming. We had a total of 150 girls on the roster beginning with ages 3-18 years old. I finished sending out my last email of the day getting ready to sign out to leave the office for the weekend when I looked up from my computer to see Trey walking in with Jaden.

"Hey!" I said completely oblivious to the fact that it was almost 5pm

"Hey!" I said completely oblivious to the fact that it was almost 5pm. Jaden had soccer practice and Trey offered to pick her up for us.
"Mommy I made 3 goals today!" Jaden yelled hitting a little dance making me laugh.
"That's great baby. Go tell Mrs. Jamie hi, she was asking about you this morning." Jaden dropped her bag by the door and ran out of the office and down the stairs in search of our receptionist that I hired a few months ago. Jamie was a really sweet lady and seemed to really care about the kids that came in and out of our doors.
"Everything looks really good around here." Trey complimented. I smiled standing up and pushing my chair up to the desk.
"It'll look even better when we start filling up that case downstairs." I said mentioning the trophy case that was sitting empty in the foyer. He nodded agreeing
"In due time, my little grass hopper."
We talked a few more minutes before we walked outside and went our separate ways.
———————————————

"Mommy I need my towel!!!" Summer yelled

"I got it." I told Nevada getting up and walking over to the pool to wipe her face and fix the goggles on her head.
"What do you say." Nev said.
"Thank you TeTe Pumpkin." She giggled making me laugh. We were all over Sean and Amanda's new house for a house warming/pool party/cookout or whatever you wanted to call it. The guys were standing by the grill talking and acting as though they were cooking while Sean actually maintained the grill. The girls and I had already made our side dishes and the dessert and were now sitting on the patio watching the kids swim and talking.
"I drove by the gym earlier and didn't see you. I wanted a grand tour." Amanda pouted.
"Girl I was suppose to go in to help out with the babies but Michelle said she didn't need me because only 5 showed up. So I slept in for as long as I could."
"Chile I don't blame you. Jelly bean will only let me sleep in until 6am before he comes tapping on my titty." Kacie groaned.
"You the one who need to start wheening his chucky butt off the titty and on to a sippy." JaBrea added.
"Y'all know she's not ready, he can be ten and she'll still have him sitting across her lap." I joked making everyone laugh.
"Girl fuck you. Anyways what's going on with this wedding planning." Kacie said. I shrugged my shoulders.
"We're slowly planning. I've been looking at some different things like colors, and flowers but I haven't actually sat down yet and started putting things in writing."
"Why? You getting nervous already?" Nevada asked.
"No were just not in a rush that's all. I'm browsing to get an idea and when we're both ready to start actually planning I'll probably just pay someone." I shrugged taking a sip of my margarita.
"Bitch whoever planned the engagement party, get them." Brea said and we all agreed. We stayed on the topic of the wedding for a little while longer before we decided to start playing spades.
"I knew there was something I forgot to tell y'all.... Joann is out of rehab." I casually said grabbing the book that my team won. Everyone just sat there looking at me. Amanda had gotten filled in on all of our drama so she was the first to speak.
"Oh hell no."
"Yeah she called Justin the day after the engagement party and asked could they meet up. He told her no but she kept begging and told him some sob story so he finally gave in and said he would be there with his fiancé."
"Small clap for Justin" Nevada said. Everyone clapped quietly.
"But so yeah. We went she apologized and asked could she start working towards getting her family back."
"Wait pause, what family she talking about?" Nevada asked.
"She better just be talking about Peanut." Kacie added.
"Hell yeah, that's all." Jabrea said.
"I was looking just like y'all trying to figure out what she means but Justin told her that's the only family she had with him."
"Ooh medium clap now." Kacie joked. Everyone clapped again.
"So they talked for a while and he told her that he would start slowly bringing her around when he felt like Jaden was ready and she would have supervised visits until he felt like she was ready to be a mom to her again."
"How you feel about it?" Jabrea asked.
I sighed sipping from my glass.
"I'm ok because that's her mom, her biological mom at that and I know deep down she's missed her. No matter how much shit me and her have gone through I wouldn't want to stand in the way of her seeing her child. So I'm cool with it I guess. He hasn't started letting Jaden see her yet, I think he's still trying to process it all."
"I know that I'm new to the whole situation but be careful, once a snake always a snake." Amanda said. Those words stuck with me because like my mama always told me growing up "if you play with a puppy, he'll lick you in the mouth" and I for one was tired of being the butt of all of the tricks and schemes.
"You're right because I'm getting too old to be fucking a bitch up." I said.
"Babyyyy you took the words right out of my mouth." Nevada slung her hair over her shoulder and sunk in her chair. We all just laughed agreeing, we were getting old. A little while later the food was done and we were all sitting down to eat dinner after forcing the kids to get out of the pool. Justin had gone to get a roll of paper towels when his phone began ringing on the table. The number wasn't saved so I thought it was a telemarketer and decided to answer to make sure and block the number after. I grabbed his phone sliding the answer button when the phone stopped ringing and instead the person immediately texted him.