thunder - ag & anna

ag mcdaniel wasn't afraid of anything. she could shut a kid up with a single glare. she could charm a girl with a flex of her arm.

ag wasn't scared.

not at all.

"anna!" she weeped at the roar of thunder from above. she clutched her girlfriend's hand, letting her hug her. "i hate thunder!" anna shook with laughter. "is ag mcdaniel scared of thunder?" she asked, letting out a hysterical fit of laughter.

"i am not! i just hate it!" ag insisted, but flinched when another crack of thunder was heard overhead.

she dove under the covers of her girlfriend's bed and brought a pillow over her head as if that would muffle the sound. after anna's laughter ceased, she joined ag and patted her arm gently.

"ag," she spoke softly. "it's okay." ag's shoulders relaxed under anna's soothing touch. "hey, look at me."

anna took the pillow off ag's head and turned to face her. anna pressed her lips into ag's hair. "thunder's just a sound, baby. It won't hurt you. do you want to listen to music to drown it out?"

anna loved that ag was allowing herself to show all his vulnerabilities, even if it was as silly as a fear of thunder.

ag shook in fear once more at the roar from above. anna plugged her phone into the speakers in her room, and suddenly the only thing they could hear was the sound of we fell in love in october by girl in red. "this song is so sappy," ag huffed, but anna didn't budge to change it. "may i have this dance?" she questioned formally, taking ag's hand and helping her stand up."this-this isn't right. i'm not supposed to be afraid. i shouldn't have to be comforted," she frowned. "i look weak."

"trusting me is the bravest thing you could ever do," anna reassured before wrapping her arms around ag's neck.

just by looking straight into anna's eyes, ag found comfort. the soft music, added with their closeness made the intimate moment even more romantic. ag pressed her forehead against anna's and closed her eyes, breathing in the scent of vanilla that always seemed to linger around her.

"i love you," she finally breathed. ag opened her eyes to see anna smiling. ag leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips. "and thank you."

"i love you too," anna rose up on her tiptoes to peck her once more. "and you're welcome."

the two swayed to the music, the thunder forgotten. anna was simply ag's source of comfort, and now she could finally say that she wasn't scared of anything. especially with anna by her side.