Part 15

A monthhave passed after the chicken soup fiasco. A month since Taehyung apologized to Jungkook. He didn't do anything to make Jungkook's life miserable in this one month. He had given up on his mission of making the other guy's life hell, because after the soup incident he had understood no matter what he did Jungkook is not going to retaliate. He'll just bear everything with a smiling face. So Tae gave up. Anyways while doing all those things he felt like an evil person & he didn't like the feeling even one bit.

Plus he has understood that whatever KangHoo thinks or says it's his own misunderstanding & lack of trust, Jungkook isn't the one to blame for it. If KangHoo doesn't believe him even after all the times they had spent together then let it be. In this one month he had came face to face with KangHoo time & again, but they never talked. Initially Tae did try to talk but after sometime he stopped trying. If the other guy Didn't want to talk then he too won't talk to him.

It's not Tae have accepted Jungkook in his life but he did try & behave civil with him. They had fallen back into the same rutine they had followed for the week after their marriage. Starting their day with having breakfast fast together, then living for their respective works & ending the day by having dinner together. In the evenings Tae mostly keeps himself busy in his studies but sometimes he watches a match or something sitting in living room with Jungkook making small talks. That's how their current life is.

As Jungkook entered his home on the Friday evening he frowned at the sight he met with in his living room.

Taehyung was sitting on the carpet in front of the table. His elbows were placed on the table, face hidden in his hands, shoulders drooping. There were books, copies & pens scattered on the table.

"Hey Taehyung what happened?" he asked placing his hand on the boy's shoulder. At this Taehyung lifted his face & looked at him.

Jungkook widened his eyes looking at Tae's face. The boy has tears in his eyes, he's crying.

Jungkook got worried " Taehyung! Why are you crying? Tell me what's wrong? Are you hurt? Did something happen in school? Are you missing your parents?" He kept shooting questions after question.

"I'm going to fail"

"W..what?"

"I'm going to fail" again Taehyung said sobbing & started crying hiding his face in his hands.

"Hey, look at me" Jungkook said taking Tae's hands away from his face "now tell me what happened.why are saying you are going to fail. And please Don't cry "

Taehyung wiped his tears with the back of his hand & said "I.. I have a math quiz on Monday but I can't solve even a single math. I don't understand it at all. What will I do? Our teacher said marks of this quiz is going to be added in final results. I'm surely gonna fail" & again tears in filled his eyes.

"I'll help you with it. But you have to promise me you won't cry anymore." Jungkook told the crying boy.

"You will! You will really help me?" Tae asked with a child like excitement his eyes going round & a beautiful smile blooming on his lips.

He looked so adorable that made Jungkook want to pinch his cheeks. He somehow controlled himself & said "yes only if you have to promise no more crying" smiling.

"Okay promise" the younger said smiling his boxy smile.

"Hmm then I'll come back here after changing. You too go & wash your face too. Then we will study." With this the older boy left for his room.

For the next two days Jungkook taught Taehyung math. He made him understand all the formulas, making him memorize them. He asked Tae to solve the practice sets, checked them & again made Tae understand what wrong he did while solving those. He never lost patience when the other boy couldn't understand a particular math again & again. He let the boy have his time.

By Monday Taehyung had made quite a progress in math. So when he finally had the question paper in his hand, he could solve almost all of them.

Not only math but their relationship too seemed to progress a little. Taehyung had let Jungkook call him 'Tae'.

While teaching Jungkook kept saying "do you understand it Taehyung?" "Taehyung do it like this." " Taehyung you are getting it wrong." Eventually Tae got irritated with the other guy calling his full name again again. So he asked Jungkook to just call him Tae.

Jungkook felt his heart warming at this. Taehyung had told him that only people close to him can use his nick name. So when the younger asked him to call him 'Tae', he felt may be like may be he had gotten a little bit closer to the other guy.

It's Friday again. The day when the result of the test will be out. Taehyung has been feeling jittery the whole day. He kept dropping things, he even dropped his chopsticks while eating. Seeing his state Jungkook told him that he'll drop him to school, there is no way Jungkook will late him drive when his like this. So he dropped Tae to school & told him that he'll drop him home after school. Tae tried to deny him saying Jungkook doesn't need to leave his work for him, he'll ask Jimin to drop him. But Jungkook told him that there is no need for that he'll drop Tae home & that's final.

Taehyung felt his heart almost stop beating when the teacher called his name to tell his marks.

"Roll no 12, Kim Taehyung, 87"

Tae was shocked hearing this. This is the first time he scored such a good Mark in maths.

"Jimin..ah, sir said I got 87! 87 in maths. Please Jimin..ah tell me I'm not dreaming" he squealed.

Jimin pinched his arm him hard.

"Ouch! Yiahh Park Jimin why did pinch me?" Tae asked rubbing his arm.

"You asked me if you are dreaming or not."

"So I 'asked' you. Why did you have to pinch me?"

"I thought proving is better than telling. So  congrats you are not dreaming" Jimin answered sassily.

"Jimin you...."

"KIM TAEHYUNG PARK JIMIN Stop talking & disturbing the class" the teacher shouted on the crazy best friends.

Tae saw Jungkook waiting for him in front of the school gates leaning on his car. Tae ran & hugged him tighty. "I did it Jungkook. I got 87." He said smiling big.

Jungkook was stunned when Tae hugged him. This the first time they hugged. He didn't know if he should hug the boy back or not. But as he heard Tae saying those words, he too hugged Tae & said "you did very well Tae. I'm proud of you"

Tae faced him, still hugging, "really? You mean it?" he asked looking at Jungkook with big eyes, looking just like a innocent child.

"Yes I mean it Tae" Jungkook said locking at his eyes.

Taehyung suddenly realized their position. He broke the hug taking a step back, his cheeks heating at the close proximity he had just shared with the raven hair. He felt awkward.

Jungkook saw the younger was feeling awkward. So he said "this calls for celebration. Let's get in the car. We will go and celebrate it somewhere good."

"Uum.. yes, let's go" Tae said & went to the car. His cheeks still having pink hues because of what he did earlier.

_____________

Thanks for reading. Hope you like it.