Part 31

Tae left for school after making sure Jungkook had his breakfast & meds. He had called his Eomma to send lunch for the older so that he won't try to get into the kitchen. Before leaving he told Jungkook again & again to rest and also to call him if he feels unwell again. Jungkook nodded  his head like a obedient child agreeing with whatever the younger said.

In school Tae kept thinking about Jungkook. If he's okay or not. If he's resting or not. He was so lost in his thoughts that even his teacher scolded him for not paying attention to the class.

At lunch time Tae was sitting in canteen with Jimin. Jimin saw Tae getting food from the counter. He frowned remembering the last time Tae had lunch from school canteen was when he had played a prank on Jungkook & made him late. He thought maybe today again Tae did something like that. So he looked suspiciously at his best friend & asked,

"Tae did you again do something to your husband? Did he again woke up late because you messed with his alarm?"

Tae looked confusedly at Jimin "no, why would think I did something like that?"

"Because you are having lunch from canteen." Jimin told him in a matter of fact voice.

Now Tae understood why his best friend is asking him that. It's because he didn't bring lunch from home. Well Jungkook did tried to make him lunch but Tae didn't allow him to do it. That guy was unwell just the night before for crying out loud. Yet he was trying to do all type of chores from the morning. Tae told him that he can eat from school for one day.

"Ohh that's because Kookie had fever last night, so I forbade him from packing lunch today." Tae cleared "now stop talking I need to call him and check if he had his lunch and meds or not. I'm telling you chim that guy is too much careless about his health" Tae exasparated.

Jimin just looked at his best friend surprised. I'm not hearing things, am I? It's indeed my best friend who a few days ago said he hates his husband and now he's worried about the same man. Hmm looks like Mr Cupid is doing his job fine" he thought smirking.

While Jimin was lost in his thoughts, Tae called Jungkook. The phone kept ringing but no one picked it up.

Tae frowned "why isn't he picking the damn phone? He is alright, isn't he? Ohh my God what if his fever came back? What if he fainted? He's alone in home. Oh no what should I do? Should I call 119? No no I should just go home and check on him. I shouldn't have come to school in the first place. I should've stayed with him."he kept thinking while biting his lips.

Suddenly his phone rang. He saw its Jungkook who is calling him.  He immediately answered it & said,

"KookieareyoualrightWhydidn'tyoupickupthephoneYourfeverisnotbackrightWereyoutakingrestDidyouhadyourlunchDidyouhadyourmeds?"

Jimin looked wide eyed at his friend. "what hell is he saying?" He thought.

Well another person thought the same thing. The person who called.

Jungkook got startled hearing Tae ask so many questions non stop. He understood Tae is worried.

"Tae, baby calm down. Take a deep breath and calm down" he told the worried boy.

Tae stopped talking and did as the older said.

As Jungkook felt the younger relaxing on the other end of the call, he said "now tell me what were you asking?"

"Are you alright?" Tae asked.

"Hmm I'm okay" came the answer.

"Why didn't you pick up my call?"