Part 30

Jungkook felt a weight on his chest as he was waking up. As he opened his eyes the first thing he saw is a mass of golden hair, which he recognized belongs to his beautiful husband. He tilted his head a little & looked at the sleeping boy.

Jungkook remembered the happenings of the last day. It was his birthday & his parents death anniversary. He had always felt miserable, heartbroken on this day. Normally people feel happy on their birthday but it's not the case with him. That day reminds him of his dead parents, how they left home with the promise to return soon & celebrate his birthday but they never returned. Usually his best friends try to stay with him on this day but this year they were not here & he felt very much lonely. Though he had Taehyung now but their relationship is not like the one where he can bother the other with his worries. He didn't thought Tae will care much about his worries or sadness.

But boy he was wrong, very much wrong. Because Tae did care, he cared that much that he went to that park on the outskirts of Seoul for him. When he was a child, he used to live in that locality. His parents used to take him to that park. That's why yesterday when he felt lonely, he went their.

He had no idea how long he was there, sitting on that bench drinking his miseries, until Tae found him there. He hadn't expected the younger to go there & that's why he felt like he was hallucinating when he saw Tae there. But Tae had held his hand & told him that he was really there, that he went there for him. That seemed to snap something in him & he broke down. He cried like a little kid. And Tae was there holding him tight while he cried, comforting him with his sweet words. He had no words to describe the warmth he felt in his heart when Tae told he that he'll take him home. Yes 'home' Tae had mentioned this place as home, as his home. And in that moment Jungkook had thought that he finally have a home, for home is not a place where you simply live rather home is the person who makes your living worthwhile. And for Jungkook Tae is that home.

Jungkook once again felt the same warmth filling his heart as he remembered how Tae had taken care of him the whole night. The younger had fed him porridge, meds, gave him cold patches, kept checking his temperature & Everytime he whimpered the boy had soothed him with his soft words & touches.

For Jungkook it meant a lot. After his parents death this is the first time someone had taken care of him so dearly when he fell ill. The people of the orphanage, where he grew up, were indeed very kind but they had too many children to give all their time & care to only one. Thus while growing up he had learnt to take care of himself. Though his friends were always there for him but he didn't like to bother them with himself. So whenever he fell ill he'll just lie in his bed in the loneliness of his room for it to pass. But last night was different. Last night he wasn't alone. Last night Tae was there with him, taking care of him. And it filled his heart with affection for the younger.

Jungkook suddenly felt Tae squirming in his sleep. He only then noticed the awkward position in which the boy was sleeping. His head & upper body was on Jungkook's chest while his legs were hanging from the bed.

"Looks like he slept while sitting only. This way he is going to have body ache." Jungkook thought to himself.

He slowly got up holding the sleeping boy in his arms & very gently laid the boy properly on the bed without disturbing his sleep. He then got up from the bed & went towards the washroom to take shower because he felt all sticky & sweaty.

When Tae woke up, he found that he was sleeping properly on the bed, covered in blanket and there is no sight of Jungkook. He panicked and sat up on the bed "where did this boy go? He didn't went back to that park right?" he thought. He then got up from the bed and went out of the room.

He found the boy he was searching for, in the kitchen, making breakfast. He shook his head in disbelief "look at him just last night he was having so high fever and now here he is cooking in the kitchen. What do I do with him? He needs scolding. Yes I'm gonna scold him hard" Tae thought exasparated.

"Jeon Jungkook! What the hell do you think you are doing?" He shouted glaring at Jungkook's back.

Jungkook got startled hearing the younger's loud voice. He turned back only to see a fuming a Tae glaring at him. "oh boy he looks scary" he thought.

"Aah good morning Tae." He said sheepishly.

"I think I asked you a question. Answer me what are you doing here?" Tae asked sternly.

"I'm making breakfast." The older replied innocently.

"And who told you to do that. For God's sake Kookie just last night you were having high fever. You should be taking rest right now. But here you are in kitchen, cooking" Tae told him angrily.

"You didn't eat anything from last night and you have to go to school too. I needed to make breakfast." Jungkook tried to clarify.

"We could have ordered breakfast from outside Kookie or I could have made it" Tae said.

"But you can't cook" Jungkook tried to argue but then closed his mouth thinking he might have offended Tae by saying it.

Tae was at a loss of word a moment but then he recovered quickly & said "who said I can't cook? I can cook. I can cook ramen, toast, omlet"

"hmm you can indeed cook a lot" Jungkook murmured so that Tae can't hear it but Tae hard him murmuring something & asked his suspiciously "what are you murmuring now?"

"N.. nothing, I'm not murmuring anything" the older said nervously and then added "we can eat breakfast made by you some other day. Today I'm already done cooking so can we just have it"

Tae looked at him & then at the food he made and said "ok we will have it.  But after eating breakfast you are going to take your medicine and rest. You are not going to office today."

"But Tae I'm..." Jungkook tried to argue but stopped seeing Tae glaring at him.

"Kookie don't make me angry & do what I say. I'll inform appa that you will be taking sick leave today" Tae told him.

"Ok" Jungkook agreed.

"Okay then I will go and get ready for school. You can have your breakfast till then." The younger said.

"No I'll wait for you" the older replied.

"Uhh okay then I'll be back" with that Tae started living the kitchen when Jungkook called him "Tae" the boy stopped & looked questioningly at the older.

Jungkook came closer to Tae & placed a soft kiss on his forehead. "thanks baby for everything" he softly told the younger.

Tae felt his heart go thump at the soft touch. "uhh you are welcome" he somehow managed to say before leaving the kitchen while trying to hide his glowing cheeks.

_________________________

Thanks for reading. Hope you like it.