Part 78

It's been three hours since Tae slept. Jungkook is still sitting in the same position holding the sleeping boy in his arms. Somewhere in the middle of murmuring sweet things into Tae's ear and rubbing his back, Jungkook himself has fallen asleep. 

It was eight in the morning when Jin and Namjoon entered the private hospital room of their son. Namjoon was holding a big bouquet of purple and yellow roses and Jin was holding a bag in which he had brought breakfast for the couple. 

As soon as their eyes fell on the younger couple sleeping on the bed, the older couple's eyes went soft, tenderness filled their hearts. 

An outsider will find the scene of the couple sleeping on the bed, where one of them was holding the other in his lap oh so lovingly, rather cute and heartwarming. A perfect, much in love couple, that's how they looked. And indeed much in love they are. But only those who had witnessed the catastrophe of the previous day knew how much pain those two lovers had to go through just the day before.  

Jin wiped the tears that had escaped his eyes, remembering the horror and pain of the previous day. "why is it always my poor children who have to go through so much pain and anguish?" He thought "please God save my kids from all the evil eyes, please help them to be always with each other" he prayed in his heart. 

Jin put the bag he was holding on the table that was placed in the room with a couch, while Namjoon went to keep the bouquet on the small bedside table. As he was placing a bouquet on the table, Namjoon did something very Namjoonish, he knocked down the glass that was on the table and the glass fell on the floor breaking with a loud sound. 

Tae got startled in his sleep hearing the loud noise "Kookie" he whimpered. Jungkook woke up at once as if he wasn't sleeping a moment ago, alert hearing Tae's whimpering voice and started patting his back. "Sh.. it's okay, it's okay, I'm here, nothing happened, go back to sleep" Jungkook murmured as he patted Tae's back so that the boy could go back to sleep. 

Still patting Tae, Jungkook ran his eyes around the room to see what had woken the boy up. The first person who came in his view was Jin who was standing near the couch in the room and seemed to be glaring at someone. Then Jungkook saw the person whom Jin was glaring, it's none other than his father-in-law, Kim Namjoon, who was standing near their bed with a guilty look on his face and there were broken glass pieces near his feet. 

"Appa? Eomma?" Jungkook said. 

"Umm… good morning Jungkook" Namjoon said with an apologetic smile on his face "sorry for waking you up, I'll go get someone to clean this up" he turned back on his heel and started leaving the room. 

Jungkook saw Jin whispering or should I say hissing at Namjoon as he was crossing the former. Though Jungkook couldn't hear what Jin said, he saw how his father-in-law's face turned red as he ran almost fleeing out of the room. The whole scene was rather funny, a small smile came to Jungkook's lips. 

Jin saw Jungkook smiling and went to the bed. He sat on the bed and caressed his sleeping son's head "I am really sorry for what happened earlier" he told Jungkook "you know Joonie can be really clumsy at times. Sorry we woke you up" he apologized. 

"It's okay Eomma, I should be waking up anyway." Jungkook said to Jin. 

Jin's eyes fell on Tae's bandaged hand, he panicked seeing it "what happened to his hand?" He worriedly asked Jungkook. 

"He got hurt by the IV needle," Jungkook informed him. 

"IV needle? But how?" Jin asked puzzled.