2. Prince to Pauper

"We meet again, you nasty troll."

"That's some way of greeting your only child, you insensitive hag." Sooyeon annoyingly frowned at the old even tinier lady before her.

"I'm just kidding, my little girl, my pride and joy." Halmeoni Kim laughed as she threw her hands in the air. Her arms circled her daughter, keeping Sooyeon tight in the embrace before kissing her cheek. "You're not a troll."

"Love you too, mom." The daughter sighed. "It's great to see you again. I appreciate the help."

"Nonsense, Yeonie. You've done so much for me. You bought me rat traps and shoes all these years. This is the least I can do." Halmeoni laughed. "And you brought company..."

She was referring to the four police cars just chilling on the side of the road.

"Yeah, it was a struggle bringing him here." Sooyeon's expression was sour, thinking back at the incident back home.

"Now where is the boy?"

Sooyeon sighed and released her embrace with her mother. Her head turned as she looked back at the car where the prince stubbornly sat in the passenger's seat, not wanting to smell the horrendous oxygen of Imuwa.

Taehyung's arm crossed around his chest while his other hand scrolled through his phone, avoiding his surroundings.

Alas, the reception wasn't as great. He kept refreshing his social media but it loaded slowly.

He whined and threw his phone on the car floor before he unconsciously hit his head on the glove compartment. He groaned in pain as he massaged his throbbing area.

"TAEHYUNG!" Sooyeon yelled with her gut. "GET OUT!"

"No!" He refused through the closed car door. His mother and grandmother only heard his muffling before sighing in disappointment.

"Jesus Christ." His mother mumbled before charging to the passenger's seat but Taehyung had faster reflexes and locked the car. Sooyeon attempted to open his door but he didn't budge. She groaned in frustration when she realized she left the keys in the ignition. She pounded on the window and shouted, "Taehyung, come out! Stop being a child!"

"If I open this door, it'll only go down south for me!" Her son childishly reasoned.

"Taehyung, don't make me restrict you even more." She threatened as she glared at the prince. Though she rarely got angry with him, Taehyung could see it. She was losing her patience, indicating how dead serious she was.

He was honestly stalling. He didn't want to accept the fact that he was going to stay in Imuwa for an entire year. He was in the countryside with his grandmother, with no butlers or maids attending to his needs, with no girlfriend attending to his needs, with no friends he can party and go to his private island for the weekend...

His socialite lifestyle was officially on lockdown the second he stepped out of the car. Who knows what he'll do here? Maybe plow seeds? Picking crops? Milk a cow? Walk into cousins fucking?

Taehyung whined once more before hesitantly unlocking the car. Sooyeon stepped away before he ultimately opened the car door and got out of the vehicle.

The air had a blend of manure and the elderly, much to the prince's dislike. It was dim-lit to the street lights that needed to be desperately fixed. It was a cool March night as a substantial breeze brushed through his hair.

His eyes scattered his surroundings. On the right were acres of open fields for farming near his Halmeoni's house as she lived at the very end of the road.