16. What About You?

"Once you find your partners, you should start collaborating when to meet up and determine how you will divide the work." The business professor explained. "As said in the syllabus, the project and essay will be counted 35% of your final grade. I expect the best from you all so good luck. Class dismissed."

Taehyung absolutely loathed group projects. They never turned out the way he wanted it to while having that passion of hating school to top it off. However, that mindset seemed to float away once he turned to the precious girl on his right staring back at him.

They both smiled at one another, knowing the same thing. Without words, they decided to be partners for the project.

The prince grew closer to Penny. They hung out more often after he was discharged from his house arrest. Whether they were with the rats or alone, he appreciated every minute with her. He noticed what she did and said was always endearing and with purpose.

She gave off an ample of positivity and hopefulness, it gave him energy to go through the day.

Though he liked every drop of it, he pondered on her behavior. It was a bit questionable because of her upbringing. He's never seen her upset or miserable before. He tried to not pity her so he pushed that feeling out of the way.

He just wanted to understand her. He wanted to recognize her thoughts. He wanted to know who Lim Penny was.

I guess you can say that...she was his Mystery Girl.

Eh? Eh? Was that too much?

Sorry, let's move on.

"Hey, Pen." Taehyung greeted once they stepped out of their class. "When do you wanna work on the project?"

Penny viewed her schedule through her planner while they walked down the hallway, "For once, I don't have work or any volunteer activities today so...do you wanna do it tonight at my house? Will your Halmeoni be okay with that?"

"I just have to tell her before I leave." The prince shrugged then thought of an idea. "Maybe we can do the project after dinner?"

"Sure! That's fine. After dinner, you'll come to my house." She nodded, not understanding what Taehyung hinted at. "Maybe I can do a quick shower before you come. I know I'll fall asle—"

"Sweetheart," He shifted himself to go in front of the smaller girl, halting her. Her irises roamed up to see the smirking prince's face coming to her eye level, centimeters away. "I meant, have dinner with me."

Flushed tones powdered her cheeks at the realization. She felt his breathing touch her, goosebumps crawling over her skin. She didn't hate it at all, in fact, she loved it when he came close to her.

"O-oh, okay, Peanut." She nodded lightly.

He wrinkled his nose before the rectangular smile formed on his face from that nickname.

The nickname he's grown to love.

-

Penny instructed Taehyung to dress down for once, knowing he liked to use his collared shirts, sweater vests, his dress pants, and all that jazz. Though he didn't want to, he eventually accepted it for her.

Now he wore a black hoodie with red pants, slides, and his bag, ready to go out.

"Halmeoni, I'm gonna have dinner outside," Taehyung informed his grandmother who was peeling potatoes.

"Yah, I'm making dinner right now? Why are you eating outside?" She complained as she aggressively skinned the vegetable.

"I'm going out with Penny...then we have a project to do together at her house."