14. All About You

"Here's your change. Have a good night." Taehyung said as he handed the change and tote bag to the last customer of the day.

Once they left, Jungkook flipped the sign to the "closed" side before locking the entrance so no one can get in. It was only those two in the store. Jimin had to leave earlier to finish a group project, which probably meant hooking up with his group member.

"Another success, Princess." Jungkook smiled as he grabbed the broom.

Taehyung shrugged as he wiped the counter, refusing to say any comment. He just wanted to go home, he's been there the entire day.

Then Jungkook's phone rang, the ringtone was a crying baby in autotune, which disturbed the prince. The younger answered it, followed by sounds of yelling coming from the other end.

"Okay. Okay. Okay. Yah, okay. Yah." There was a pause in between each phrase as Jungkook answered. "Yah, mommy. Okay, bye, love you." He ended the call before he became frantic and dropped the broom.

Jungkook jumped over the counter like it was a hurdle and fumbled to grab his backpack before he threw it on him.

"What happened?" The prince questioned yet again one of his many bizarre outbursts.

"I need to go home before my parents do!" Jungkook screamed in fright. "I fucking forgot to cook rice this morning after they left!" He leaped over the register once more as he headed towards the exit.

"Yah, rat, are you gonna make me lock up again?" Taehyung complained.

Jungkook halted and turned to the nagging prince, "Sorry, can you, Princess?" The prince rolled his eyes and grumbled. "Will a kiss make you feel any better?"

"Gross, get the fuck out!" Taehyung pointed to the door.

"Thanks, I owe you one!" The younger one said before Naruto running out of the store.

Pissed off, Taehyung eventually finished cleaning up. He locked up the store and double-checked before heading out. He shouldered his bag and jacket as he began walking home.

"Peanut!"

The sunshine voice of the Sweetheart caught his attention. He shifted his head back to him to see the girl waving and running up to him. The adorable expression on her face lightened up his mood.

Once she was by his side, she greeted him again, "Hey, Taehyung! How are you?"

"It could have been better." The prince sighed. "Just finished work. How about you, Sweetheart?"

"I finished work two hours ago but I volunteered at the elementary school's read out loud night." She explained as she skipped happily in her walk.

"You do a lot of volunteering and work." Taehyung pointed out, fascinated by her overflowed resumé.

"I like helping people, it's fun." She shrugged. "Give back to my hometown, you know?"

Taehyung never knew. He gave money to charity but it was only for show and made his name into the good spotlight to counteract his run with cops. People saw the good and prosperity in him rather than the bad and flaws so it was a boost to his status. He didn't really care.

The prince merely hummed in response as the two walked together, "Give back, I guess. But don't spread yourself too thin."

"I know my limits." Penny giggled.

"Still, are you not tired?" The prince asked as he glanced at her.

"No, I'm fine." She shook her head.