28. Dinner with a Side of Roast

Taehyung listened attentively and was patient when Penny told her story. Her relationship with Seojoon, the love, the forbidden, and the sparks, but also pain, heartache, and suffering. Thus she ended up sleeping with Jimin after a drunk and sorrowful night and immediately regretted it.

Penny could see that Taehyung tried to control his anger. His nostrils flared from time to time, he glared intently at her as his tongue slid across his teeth and jaw tightening, his eyes twitched almost barely being noticed, and had a tight grip on her.

He felt bad that Penny had to go through that. She just gets more and more struggles without question. It seemed she did nothing but share her emotions with the guy and he just left her without reason. So it was given that those suppressed memories came flooding back in her mind. All thoughts were just of Seojoon.

But he understood what she said. Seojoon was her first love, kiss, even gave each other their virginities. There's no doubt he impacted her life especially when she was that young. He cared for her and still does from the looks of it.

Taehyung didn't want that though. He didn't like how this macho man is coming back into her life like what he didn't do was wrong and without explanation. Also, Penny has grown and got over it, hopefully, so Seojoon should too.

He's not gonna let some deadbeat take his Sweetheart away from him. As said before, he's not going down like ever without a fight.

So here they were.

Penny brought Taehyung back home for dinner.

But not without Yoongi and Seojoon sitting across from them.

And with the smiling Halmeoni Lim serving the younger children and asking questions like there wasn't any thick tension in between them.

Fortunately, Yoongi was surprisingly talking much more than usual about work, music, and his studio. I swear the passion this man gives and the content he creates...wow.

The conversation of the dinner seemed to shift once Halmeoni spoke to Seojoon.

"Well, Seojoon. How are you?" Halmeoni Lim asked as she ate her rice from her plate.

Seojoon covered his mouth to quickly chew and swallow. "I've been doing better, thank you." He finally answered. "I'm going to law school and I have a paid internship with a law firm."

"Wow, that's wonderful." Halmeoni complimented. "You've been working really hard after leaving Imuwa."

"Well, yes. I also wanted to work hard to provide for those who I love." Seojoon explained before he gazed directly at Penny.

Meanwhile, Penny avoided contact with Seojoon, only short glances when he wasn't looking. But in his peripheral vision, he saw her.

Taehyung grimaced at his statement, not buying any shit this man said. So he decided to engage in the conversation. "Well, that's interesting to know, Seojoon." The prince didn't give a shit but just needed a way to talk. "What law firm?"

"Uhhh, Kim&Bang Co." Seojoon lifted an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Ooooo, that's my uncle's law firm." Taehyung smiled in a mocking way.

"Your uncle's?" Yoongi asked. "How rich are you?"

"Very, Yoongi Hyung." The prince politely at her cousin. He averted back at the man and said, "Yeah, it would be a shame if I called him up and told him some stuff about you."

"Taehyung..." Penny muttered.

"What stuff?" Seojoon questioned, but was getting annoyed by how his jaw clenched.