29. Twins' Birthday

"Happy birthday, Penini!"

Halmeoni and Yoongi cheered as soon as Penny stepped into the kitchen after her birthday call with her dad. There was a stake of pancakes and a bowl of cut-up fruit ready for her. Her cousin played the kazoo as her grandmother sang the happy birthday song while clapping off-beat.

Penny smiled brightly at their gesture. It was the littlest thing that made her happy. Once they were done, she ran up to hug them tightly.

"Thank you, guys." She said. "You didn't have to do all of this. There's the party tonight."

"Yes, but you'll share it with Jungkook." Yoongi reasoned. "We wanted to celebrate with just you."

Penny smiled sympathetically at her little family, "I appreciate you both. I love you so much."

"Look Yoongles made pancakes for our Pencake." Halmeoni cheered as she pushed the stack towards the birthday girl. "Now come on, eat. You have a whole entire day."

As they were eating, they talked about the party. The party was usually at Jungkook's house and it only consisted of three families, Penny's, Jungkook's, and Jimin's with Halmeoni Kim on the side.

But since there are more people to celebrate with, the Halmeoni Lim convinced the town to let them use the community center for the night. So that was something new this year.

Yoongi mentioned something about being able to get some of his equipment to DJ so they didn't listen to Jungkook's music from his speakers. Halmeoni Lim, Halmeoni Kim, and the Jeon family cooked the party's food.

Suddenly, loud noises from the outside captured their attention. The front door banged open as a swarm of men came in with Jimin leading. All smiles around them except two particular people.

"Happy birthday, Limmy!" Jimin dashed toward the girl for a warm embrace. He sat beside her and leaned on her shoulder. "I can't believe you're 22. Seems like yesterday, when you were 13 and you panicked to me about having your period for the first time."

Penny slapped his shoulder, filled with embarrassment, but the playboy just laughed. "Shut up! You still act like a 16-year-old boy."

"Happy birthday!" Mutters of Seokjin and Namjoon were said in the back as they waved.

"I don't know about you!" Hoseok sang as he pretended to have a mic in his hand.

"Please don't." Penny faked a grin, knowing she'll hear it the entire day through.

"Sorry." Hoseok cleared his throat.

"Sweetheart," The voice caused her heart to skip a beat as she found him coming up with a Tupperware of strawberries. "Happy birthday, Penny."

Penny was always biased over strawberries. The small fruit has been constant in her life and gave her sweet joy when she ate them.

She scrunched her nose at his cute little present before reaching over, "Thanks, Peanut."

"I picked them out," Taehyung stated. "Only the best for you."

"I know I'll love them." She nodded as she settled them down on the table.

"Yeah, but my Halmeoni said to bring back the Tupperware after you're done."

"O-oh, okay." Penny furrowed her eyebrows.

"Nini," Another voice caused her stomach to spin like a tornado as she saw him pushing Taehyung to the side to give her a plastic bag. "Happy birthday. I know it's in the morning but I wanted to still give it to you."

Confused, she opened the bag before she gapped her mouth. She lifted her eyes up to him as she pulled out his birthday treat, "You got me Melona?" The man smiled and nodded. "I haven't had these in years. Imuwa doesn't get these shipped anymore."