10. Prince's First Job

It was Taehyung's first day at his first job! Who would have thought he would be working at a local grocery shop with an 8590 won/hr ($7.30 USD/hr) income before he worked as a CEO making seven figures within a month?

Not me I tell ya. Not me...wait, I'm the author?

Taehyung loathed the position. He refused to be a stocker, he didn't even know what that was. He knew what a stalker was...not a big fan of it. He had some bad experiences and encounters.

But this is all new to him. He had no knowledge of this. What he did know was that he wasn't the employer, the boss, the head. He was the employee, the entry-level, the lowest on the pyramid for job titles. Heck, even Jungkook and Jimin were higher than him based on years of experience.

Hopefully, he'll learn something from this. Maybe he'll do well. He's not a dumbass. As said before, Taehyung was highly intelligent, he just doesn't use it because he was too far up into his asshole to put the effort in and have others do it for him instead.

The prince came in with no expectation but knew he couldn't mess up that bad where he gets fired, especially under the authority of jittery Jeon and peggy Park.

He entered the store, only to have Jimin breathing down his neck the second he walked in.

"You're late." The playboy scoffed as he put on a green apron.

"And? I'm Asian, what do you expect?" Taehyung shrugged, looking unbothered.

Jungkook then came out from the back of the store, carrying two large boxes. He noticed his new employee had arrived so he paced up to him before settling the boxes on the counter.

"Hey, Princess!" The younger boy beamed. "Welcome to your first day!"

"Will you stop calling me Princess?" The prince spoke out in aggravation.

"Then stop acting like one." Jimin ridiculed, earning daggers from the prince.

"Fucking rats, I swear to God." Taehyung pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Stop calling us rats."

"Then stop acting like one." The prince mocked his high voice.

Before the older two had a brawl, Jungkook stepped in and questioned, "Why are you dressed like that?"

The rich boy stared down at his attire. He wore a matching smoke-grey tweed suit over white collared dress shirt tucked into his pants and the first three buttons undone.

"Isn't this the common work attire?" Taehyung questioned.

"No, you look like those people at my doorstep trying to convert me into their religion." The younger said back. "You don't need to look fancy when you're here."

"I'd want to differentiate from you two." The prince glanced at their commoner's outfits.

Jungkook jumped over the counter to grab a green apron. He threw it to Taehyung, handing it to him. "Wear this so customers will know you're working here."

"There are many things we need you to learn so I suggest you take that blazer off and roll your sleeves." Jimin smiled snobbishly. "Store's opening soon so be ready."

-

It was a lot of work...well, in Taehyung's perspective. He had to learn what everything was, where to put them, the prices, it was terrible. He had to go to the storage room where most of the stored items were and he couldn't figure out which was which. They were all in the same-looking boxes.

The next he had to learn was how to be a stocker, the job he officially held.

"Princess, you need to stock the items properly," Jimin commented as he had his arms crossed over his torso. Jungkook smiled, sitting on top of the counter as he observed the struggling prince carrying the large box under this arm.