4. Let's Meet The Rats

It seemed unfathomable like how the pieces to the puzzle were there and set in place for you to see the vivid large picture. But yet you still don't know what it was or why it was like that.

That was Penny's mind when she found out Kim Taehyung, the prince of Vante Corporation and magazine, was the grandson of the short-tempered strawberry farmer Halmeoni Kim.

She could see it, but also couldn't. They shared similar appearances with the nose, lips, and the multiple moles on their face, but maybe she only visualized Halmeoni with those traits the more she scrutinized him. Were her eyes playing tricks? Has her brain warped? It wasn't nine in the morning yet and her mind was exhausted for the day.

"You're Halmeoni Kim's grandson?" Penny was flabbergasted as she stared widely at the prince.

"Uhhh, yeah," Taehyung replied with a sense of confusion that splattered his face. Was it a bad thing? Did his grandmother have a terrible reputation in this town? That'll be even worse for him.

Penny didn't know whether or not she should tell him that she and her friends were the people his Halmeoni told us about. Not that she wouldn't mind, he seemed decent enough. As a social science major, she got the gist of how he was and why he was like this yet there was still much to learn.

It was the other two she was worried about. They're not as open-minded as she was.

"Is there a problem?" Taehyung questioned as he raised an eyebrow.

"Umm, no. No problem." She shook her head and averted her eyes towards the professor coming in.

Taehyung nodded and surprisingly left her alone for the entire period. But that didn't stop him from glancing at the pretty girl.

His shitty time in Imuwa kinda didn't feel as bad once he found out about her. He didn't understand why she made him think that way, it wasn't like it was intentional, but she caught his expensive eyes. He definitely hoped he'll be seeing more of her soon.

After class ended, it was close to lunchtime. She had to meet her friends in the canteen so she packed her stuff and shouldered her five-year-old backpack.

She was about to leave the room when Taehyung called and grabbed her arm.

"Sweetheart, where are you going?" Taehyung innocently asked.

It seemed that his bold personality diminished, and disappeared every time she wanted to leave. His extrovert skills didn't really work since she wasn't gawking over him. It was nerve-wracking to see the unexpected.

"I told you not to call me that." Penny chimed as she turned to look up at him.

"What if I don't?"

Oooo, he was testing her, she seemed to like it and decided to follow along.

"Okay...Peanut." She said.

Taehyung grimaced at the terrible nickname. "Uh, excuse me?"

"You heard me." The girl nodded. "You're Peanut to me."

"I don't seem to like that." Taehyung chuckled lowly.

"Well, then stop calling me Sweetheart." It's hitting her differently that's why.

"Can't seem to do that." The prince piped as he pursed his lips when he leered interestingly at her. "It suits you."

"Thanks, Peanut." She rolled her eyes.

"Excuse me?!"

A distinct voice near caught their attention as they spotted two beings coming their way. They both had a pissed off look, glaring at the rich boy.