15. What Does Grounded Mean???

After Penny fell asleep, he quietly locked up and left her house. By now, it was past midnight when he headed home.

He liked the connection he gained with her. It was like an escape from the shit he's experienced in Imuwa. She was his safe haven. Her very presence and endearing voice brightened his aura while he looked up to her as a role model for responsibility and independence.

He wondered if she knew that. He wondered if others looked at her like that.

Once he arrived home, he noticed the lights on which confused him, knowing his Halmeoni slept at nine. He walked inside only to meet her sitting down on his bed couch, looking furious.

"Hey, Halmeoni." He greeted with a perplexed expression as he took his shoes off and placed them on the shoe rack.

"Don't hey me!" Halmeoni snapped. "Where were you? You didn't come home for dinner!"

"I ate dinner at Penny's house." He replied, not understanding what was the big deal. "Then just talked with her afterward."

His grandmother gasped as she placed a hand on her chest, "You ate at someone else's house?"

"Yeah? They didn't mind..."

"Of course, they didn't! They don't disrespect guests!" She yelled as she stood up. "It's late and I was worried sick!"

"What, it's not like I tried to escape or anything." Taehyung reasoned as he was too tired to hear her. "I just had dinner. Dinner that wasn't tofu soup."

"Taehyung, you should have called me. I have a phone you know?" She scoffed as she crossed her hands around her chest.

"Why would I need to call you?" The prince dropped his bag onto the couch before he plotted down beside it.

"Because you're under me when you're here," Halmeoni responded. "I need to know where you are and what you're doing, especially when you're out of the house."

"Halmeoni, I'm 23. I'm practically an adult." He reasoned.

"You still act like a child." She rolled her eyes. "You know what? You're grounded from coming home late."

"Grounded?" Taehyung was taken aback, unknown to the term. "What is that?"

"Good Lord, has your mother ever punished you?"

"No, why would she? She absolutely loved me." He talked smart with her, only to get her pissed off even more.

"Boy, you're gonna get a whole different type of loving from me then." She taunted. "Your ass is not going out for a whole week. You're coming to and from school! Only work is an exception and don't think about doing anything because I know your schedule."

"What?" The prince yelled out. "That's not fair! I didn't do shit!"

"You disobeyed me and now I'm punishing you." She didn't care if he was angry. "That's what grounded means."

-

Taehyung was restricted from his rights for the next week. He couldn't even go to and from school without his Halmeoni texting him where he was. If he didn't answer her text, she'd call. If he didn't answer her call, she left a voicemail, threatening to tell his parents to extend his stay, and of course, he didn't want that.

If he was at work, she'd come in to see if he was still there. She watched his every move and he hated it. He couldn't breathe.

He didn't understand what was the big deal. He didn't die or anything. He didn't kill anyone nor did he create anyone when he was out of the house.