51. Escape the Shitty Town

For hours, Taehyung spoiled her with more clothes, shoes, and lingerie even if she objected. He also bought her a new phone because hers was severely outdated and distasteful to his liking. He wanted to give her everything.

Though there were frequent occurrences where Penny grew uncomfortable. She was out of her comfort zone. These excessive spendings, the overcrowding of people, the non-stop busyness of it all. While having their adventure in the city, due to Taehyung's socialite status, paparazzi or fans would take pictures of the two and ask questions about who she was. There were also images paraded online during his birthday and COO announcement party.

"Prince Vante, you've been spotted with the same girl at your party here. " A paparazzi interrogated while another snapped photos as they followed them down the street. "Sources say she's a cousin!"

Taehyung grimaced in revulsion while anxious Penny clung onto his arm and hid her face away from the flashes.

"Others speculate a potential lover? Who is she?! Where'd she come from?"

"Taehyung." She whined frighteningly, firming her grip, as more people came their way.

"Shh, it's okay." He shushed softly as he intertwined their fingers together before quickening their speed.

After that mayhem, Penny begged for them to have street food for dinner and so they did. They ordered lamb skewers and dumplings to which they ate it at a nearby park.

The sun went down as the atmosphere darkened for another day's rest. The lamp poles lit the inactive walkway as not many bodies passed by other than the two on the bench. The sound of crickets and the crinkling of tree branches resonated their ears while the cool subtle breeze swept through their warm skin.

Once they finished their food, they sat in serenity, admiring their setting. Only trees, grass, remnants of the chalky ice sprinkled across the cemented ground manifested their irises.

Taehyung took Penny's hand into his before sniffing her fragrance. He smooched many kisses on her skin. "Did you have fun today, my Sweetheart?"

She rested her head on his shoulder and hummed, "It was a good day." She thought about it as a whole. "Despite you know...people wanting to know about me and feeling like I need to zoom everywhere."

"Sorry about that..." He apologized. "Socialite life can be overwhelming most of the time."

"It's okay. It's not your fault you're so handsome and popular." She chuckled. "It was an experience...but things like this," She referred to the tranquil scenery. "I like a lot and it reminds me of Imuwa. Nice, quiet, and less people around."

Taehyung bit his lip, hesitant to speak about something with her. But he needed to get it out of him or else it'll be too late.

"D-do you really love being in Imuwa?"

She turned to look at the prince whose demeanor came earnest. She lifted an eyebrow and asked, "What do you mean?"

"Like..." He paused, trying to get his thoughts together. "Do you love being there? Is that where you wanna be for the rest of your life?"

The unexpected interrogation took her aback, wondering why he was asking them. She couldn't put her finger on it but she continued to answer the best way possible. "I mean it's my hometown, where I was born and raised. I can see myself there."

Taehyung chuckled lightly at her skeptical reply, "Sweetheart, you didn't answer my questions. Do you love being in Imuwa? Is that where you wanna be for the rest of your life?" He repeated once more.