31. Trio Telepathy

"So what do we do?"

The remaining people in the community center averted their preoccupied attention towards Seokjin who was uncomfortable with the awkward silence.

Most of their family called it a night. They packed food leftovers in Tupperware they personally brought for lunch for the next couple of days. Only the men and Halmeoni remained at the center as they waited for Seojoon and Penny to come back.

"We're waiting for them to come back." Taehyung sighed as he checked his Rolex watch for the time. "It's been almost an hour." He sulked into his chair before spreading his legs open for comfort.

Halmeoni Lim yawned. It was past her bedtime, also known as, nine at night. The old lady looked tired but she was still wary for her granddaughter. "It's getting late. I'm worried for them."

"Halmeoni, you should go home," Jimin advised. "We'll be fine here."

As if on cue, the doors opened, causing everyone's gaze to direct that way. But once they saw only a sad-looking Seojoon coming in with his hands in his pockets.

"Where's Penny?" Yoongi spoke out first, concerned that he didn't see his cousin. "What happened?"

"She..." Seojoon sighed as he threw his head down as reflex but pulled himself back up. "She left."

"What do you mean?" Halmeoni asked. 

"What the fuck did you do?" Taehyung stood up as he was about to charge at the man.

Namjoon snatched his friend's arm and reeled him back. "Taehyung, don't."

"I told her what happened and why I left," Seojoon explained. "I told her how I felt...she told me to leave her alone and she just left."

"So what, she's just gone?" The prince retorted.

"She didn't say where she went." The man said. "I don't know where she is. She ran crying."

"Yoongi, do you have any idea where she could be?" Halmeoni asked with concern in her voice. Though the area was relatively safe, she anticipated the worse.

Yoongi gripped onto his grandmother's hands as he squeezed them, "I'm not sure. But Imuwa isn't that big, so we can find her."

"Don't you guys track her phone?" Hoseok wondered. "Just go through that and—"

Jungkook pulled something out of his pocket to reveal her phone. "She doesn't have pockets in her dress so she asked me to hold it."

"Well, that's unfortunate..." Hoseok muttered.

"Well, wherever she is, she better be safe." Taehyung scowled at Seojoon. "Let's try split up to find her."

Then something in Jungkook and Jimin sparked as the two exchanged suspicious looks. It's as if they had a hunch on where she would be. Penny didn't usually like being alone, but when she did, she wanted to be where she knew she could have silence.

Yet have some sort of attachment that kept her there.

When she was sad, which was rare, she wanted to be comforted by loved ones.

Even when they weren't around.

Without talking, their eyes seemed to notice both of them having the same location. After clarifying each other, they nodded before standing up from their seat.

"We think we know where she is," Jimin spoke on behalf of him and Jungkook.

"Then let's go." Taehyung gestured them to lead but they didn't move. They stood blankly at the prince, causing him to get pissed. "Rats, why aren't you moving?"