6. The Great Escape

His weeks were a never-ending cycle. Wake up, go school, flirt with Penny, roast her rat friends, go home, get scolded by Halmeoni, wash the dishes, and sleep.

That was the daily routine of Kim Taehyung in Imuwa.

It never satisfied him.

He's gotten homesick.

The prince missed the aroma of citrus circling his cool-temperature room. He missed the extravagant adventures of freedom as he traveled the world and this home city. He missed the busy streets, the fast-paced lifestyle, the frat boy parties he spent with his Hyungs.

The luxurious spontaneity of Kim Taehyung, Prince Vante.

It satisfied him.

Nothing was happening here. It was boring, he was bored being bored. It felt like a prison—no, it was a prison. He was trapped in the rat-infested town and because of what? Just a meaningless scandal?

Okay, it wasn't a meaningless scandal. Like what Tejin said, this scandal will fucking affect his damn future, the company, oh God, Taehyung, why are you fucking up and not caring?

He wanted to get out. He wanted to escape. He was gonna escape.

How, you might ask?

Shit, lemme tell you.

It rhymed with Dim Yamjoon, Bim Teokjin, and Mung Joseok.

"Hyungs!" Taehyung cried out as he was able to finally connect with his friends via video call.

The wifi was so bad. He had to climb on top of the roof using the ladder as he found out that was the best signal he's ever had since he got there.

Yes, he was desperate and experimented around the house.

He video called them at night after Halmeoni slept. It was the only time he could be himself and not have her hover over him.

"Oh my God, Taehyung! You're alive!" Seokjin gasped through the screen. He was in his room in Seoul, feeling comfortable with his glass of wine and silk pajamas.

"How are you? Have they corrupted you? You're so skinny." Hoseok squinted as he got closer to his laptop to get a closer look of his friend's face. The only thing Taehyung could see was his forehead.

"I'm barely alive." The prince whined. "I'm doing chores, getting yelled at, eating their poor food. I'm forced to eat spam."

"Our poor baby! You're losing your nutrients with that peasant food!" The eldest one pitied the youngest. "You're such a fighter."

"Why are you in the dark? Do they not have power over there?" Namjoon asked with his shirt off after working out.

"I'm outside on the roof. It was the best way to get wifi."

"Oh, God. That sounds terrible." The dancer felt bad. "What is spam?"

"Hyungs, I don't think I can survive any longer." Tears formed in his eyes, finally being able to let out his vulnerability to those he trusted the most. "I miss everything. I miss you guys! I wanna be back already."

"We miss you too, Tae!" Namjoon smiled small. "It's not the same without you. We took a private jet to Italy for pasta and gelato the other week. We didn't have you to get the lobster linguini."

"I hate it here! I miss my life!" The youngest sobbed as salty water streamed down his face.

"Aww, Tae. I wish we could help you." Hoseok frowned, hating to see his best friend like this.