54. Faded Photo

6 years later...

Penny walked through the hallway and went into her office with her device in one hand and manila folders in the other. She settled the files into a filing cabinet as she had a conversion through the phone.

"You know how much I've missed you! When's the next time I can see you?" The velvet voice spoke on the other end.

"We literally just saw each other last night." She chuckled. "You know, for my birthday?"

"Yes, but we didn't stay for that long because Heeyoung threw up on me!" They complained.

"Not my fault Yoongi Oppa's child got sick from eating too much cake!"

"Well, she threw chunks on me. It's too contaminated to even wash." They sighed. "My girls miss you too! They wanna hang out with their auntie Penny."

"Maybe I'll visit this weekend. I can take them to the arcade or something." She spoke. "Take them shopping, feed them ice cream, you know, spoil them rotten since you don't do that."

"I do spoil them! You just don't scold them!" They defended back. "You also tell them myths that freak them out. I couldn't get Nia into bed for like three weeks."

"Ah, so my methods work."

A knock from her door took her attention as her employee motioned her to come to follow. Penny nodded and trailed behind. She went into the elevator and was on her way to her afternoon conference.

"Hey, I need to go right now. I have another meeting." She informed as she stepped into the conference room. "I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Of course, I'm just about done with lunch so I gotta go too." They reported. "Take care, okay? Say hi to him for me. Love you!!"

"I'll make sure of it. Say hi to the girls and Unnie for me and him then." She said. "Love you too. Bye, Oppa."

"Bye, Nini," Seojoon said his goodbye before hanging up.

Penny put her phone in her pocket and stood in front of the room where her workers smiled waiting for her to speak. She would never get tired of this, never get tired of doing the profession she loved the most.

After many years, Penny reached her ultimate goal by running a non-profit organization called Penny for Change, courtesy of Jungkook's play on words. Her organization was to help youth who are in need, keeping them from trouble, and prepare themselves for their future.

With the help of her loved ones, they were able to get charitable donations to get the ball rolling and making this happen. Though Penny for Change, volunteers, and also organization members assist the youth with tutoring, after school activities, outdoor activities, whilst teaching more of the adolescence on loans, college readiness, taxes, and many more. Also if many needed outreach regarding their emotions, thoughts, and other issues, they were able to talk to these helpers including Penny herself.

For the past four years, her organization has been the talk of the country, getting recognized for selfless acts and supporting the future generation. It slowly transitioned into a profit organization since many businesses and people were so for it.

Though she was a bit shy on public speaking, schools and social services paid her to talk at their events or assemblies which she always accepted. College students would intern at the main building, gaining experience and insight on how Penny for Change process worked.

She didn't regret any of this. She was so proud of herself, even prodding exposing her upbringing and her Poor Girl status. Though she didn't like the spotlight, the Poor Girl became the It Girl of social action.