18. Starry Scenery

"Sweetheart, to be honest, I'm quite terrified on what you're doing." Taehyung laughed nervously as he continuously got hit in the face with stalks of corn.

It was late at night. After tucking her rats into bed, Penny got an idea.

To see the stars at night.

The warm summer breeze danced gently in the air while the tranquility of the dark night engulfed their surroundings. Crickets and crackling of leaves resonated in the two's ears as they dived into the depth of the cornfield.

"Don't worry, Peanut. We're almost there." Penny giggled as she pushed her way through the corn crops while holding Taehyung's arm tightly.

Stalks of corn smacked his rich face followed by a few grunts of pain and cursing from him here and there. He hoped they were near the destination so that this torture could be over.

She shoved the stalks once more and Taehyung got hit once more before they were faced with an open circle of space. Dried-out crops were flattened down mimicking the texture of grass, creating a massive makeshift bird's nest on the floor.

She pulled on the prince, stopping at the center of the ring. She admired the gorgeous puzzled man before her. His eyes wandered their premises, trying to have a clue.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was somewhat skeptical but kinda turned on. They were in the middle of serene without any commotion around, no people to hear them, no one without an idea of where they were.

The possibilities were endless.

"Look up." She smiled sweetly as she pointed upwards.

Though questionable, the prince lifted his head up. Immediately, he was in awe.

The large dark blanket of the firmament completely bedazzled with the tiny specks of bright milkiness. Lightly grey paint strokes brushed across the atmosphere paired with the pleasing constellation.

He's never seen so many stars in the sky before. Where he was from, it was rare to see because of the skyline buildings and pollution covering the very sight. But this was more than the starry nights he'd dazed at in the past.

"Wah!" Taehyung gasped. Only the light of the cluster dimly lit where they were, enough for them to see the sky and each other.

Penny sat down on the old dried-up crops and made herself comfortable. "Come sit down." She patted the ground beside her.

His head went to the sitting girl and made an uneasy face, "The ground is dirty. My pajamas wi—"

"There's something called a washing machine. It cleans clothes, you brat." Penny retorted as she rolled her eyes. "Now sit."

Taehyung sighed and gave in. After he sat next to her, his stare went up towards the starry night sky. The beautiful scenery produced calmness and alleviation as he soaked every minute of it in.

"It's beautiful, right?" Penny gazed upwards before her pupils went back to Taehyung.

She was absolutely charmed by the marveling prince next to her. She was fond of his sweet and sour presence. The duality was like a light switch, yet captivating and enjoyable to experience. She cherished their alone time together. She learned so much depth about who he was and his perspective.

Typically his perspective was bitter, arrogant, non-filtered must I say, but she understood why. She understood a lot actually. In a short amount of time, she managed to know not Kim Taehyung, the Prince of Vante Incorporation, but Taehyung, the caring Peanut brat.

"It really is." The prince smiled then to her surprise, laid down on the grass.

Oh how beautiful you are more than the stars in the sky, she thought.